19.0-Matrix Discussion

There is no need to make a clean installation. If you really wanna start fresh:

systemctl stop kodi
mv /storage/.kodi /storage/.kodi.backup

Then place the tar in .update and reboot.
It will create a nee .kodi directory. You can remove .kodi.backup directory or keep it in case you want to return to Leia.

Perfect. Will do that. Thanks, both!

Good Day

This does not work for me on my N2 and HEC will not work on my Samsung TV or Samsung Sound Bar.

Tons of add-ons are broken for me like. Check Previous Episodes.

Than they need to be updated or they will not meet Matrix :wink:

From video side all looks good…
Only ttyd service spams your log with restarting…
It’s better to use normal terminal client than web version if possible

Thanks for this but how am i meant to do this when i cannot even get anything to work.

Can i do this all via SSH ?

It was done with install2internal back in 8.x days and auto upgraded since then. I never used ceemmc, and I have no android in the emmc, only CE 9.2.6 (not ng).
May I replace/upgrade internal 9.2.6 with the 19 installed in the sdcard? I believe it doesn’t touch u-boot, right?

I can confirm this works !

1 Like

Clean installation of Matrix on my N2 (emmc) with hick-ups:

• The installation itself ran fine and I arrived in the initial setup wizard without issues
  • I went through basic configuration steps, incl. setting screen resolution to 1080p/50, and activating subsampling to 4:2:2 in the CE settings, as I used to and since I own an LG OLED TV, basic audio settings, not much more
  • I rebooted to apply the subsampling settings, splash screen looked fine. Then the GUI came up with very low (and distorted) resolution, then the screen went black
  • I could still access the N2 via ssh and rebooted it again
  • After the reboot the resolution was still screwed up but I was able to go through the settings to fix it again.
  • Some minutes later the screen turned black again. I could see my AVR trying to negotiate a new resolution but failing
  • I rebooted again and managed to disable the subsampling option. That seemed to fix it, at least I did not see any black screens anymore afterwards

The rest went fine and as expected: The most important addons for me (pvr.hts and emby next-gen) run flawlessly. I still see some issues though:

• It seems that the 4096 x 2160 @ 50 Hz resolution is lacking from the whitelist
  • I see errors in the log about inability to read display information in the userdata folder

Here the log: http://ix.io/2RT3

Not sure these are (partially) related to what others already reported, but any advice appreciated…

You need to restore Android in that case. And after you can install it via ceemmc on internal.
Installtointernal is not supported and no possible to migrate from it to ceemmc directly.

Ok, I’ll do that in a few days after 19 fully tested on my side.
Thank you very much. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi, librespot is not working. Coreelec 19.0 clean instalation. Any idea?
Thanks

This should be used only as a workaround if you experience color/picture problems. I don’t use it, and never had, on my LG Oled…

1 Like

@Whitesak, look at the post no 131 in this thread for a possible workaround.

Thanks for your reply. Still strange, that it led to black screens / outages. Do you have any idea why the 2160p / 50Hz mode is no longer recognized by CE Matrix? Do you have it or is it missing for you, too? I just went through my TV setting to ensure that nothing was screwed up there, but all looks ok.

Try nightly to check if it fixed there.
If not then collect full logs and ce-debug output
Update: I see 2160p resolution in your previous log:

2021-03-06 15:18:33.256 T:4767     INFO <general>: Found resolution 1920 x 1080 with 3840 x 2160 @ 50.000000 Hz

Sorry, have not tried Matrix, don’t need it (yet) since latest stable fulfills my needs.
In your place I’d first check cables/connectors and make sure to turn on my TV first, wait a little before powering up my box…

Thanks, both. Cables/setup hasn’t changed since the update this morning. I’ve rebooted the N2 leaving the TV on. I’ve also updated to the most recent nightly.

@boot2k3: Yes, the 3840x2160p modes are all there, but for 4096x2160p I only have 24.00Hz and 23.98Hz.

Log: http://ix.io/2RUe
ce-debug resulted in “invalid byte sequence for encoding “UTF8”: 0xbd”
Edit: ce-debug (worked now): http://ix.io/2RV6

In case you are not able to build librespot addon
I put a binary on gdrive
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1zVobZ6KcQNEFJ-JIrdKqhhlnPcWqr9N2?usp=sharing
it may, or may not, help you (it does help me) until a fix is released.
copy it to ~/.kodi/addons/service.librespot/bin/librespot

1 Like