19.0-Matrix Discussion

hy my problem:

=================================================================================
ERROR: You need to specify a valid device for the Amlogic-ce project
=================================================================================

Valid devices for project: Amlogic-ce
- Amlogic-ng
*********** FAILED COMMAND ***********
. config/options "${1}"
 File "<string>", line 1
   import os; print(f'{os.cpu_count() * 1.5:.2f}')
                                                ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

You forgot to post what you entered! You only need to run make, so it’s user error.

Please complett build commnds.
My device x96s905x 2GB ram 16GB storage tvbox.
How to build??
Generic?

How to ubuntu ?? 16.04 or 18.04 or 20.04?
Please realse.

I have green screen issue in my previous box named h96 max S905X3 and that’s why I have changed my box H96 to Beelink Gt King S922X (Alas! Not beneficial in my case) but I amazed that green screen issue also still exist in my newly Gt king. My last accurate working build is 9.2.5 (without green screen issue). I have green screen issue in CoreELEC 9.2.6 and CoreELEC matrix 19.

Use Ubuntu 20.

From which system this error above happens?

Please search the forum:

Maybe I forgot to define my goal. I would like all films to be output in 24p. Since the films are jerky at 50/60Hz, sometimes more sometimes less. I don’t quite understand the whitelist, due to my age of 77. Which is certainly noticeable in my English, but I do my best. But I tried it, but as soon as 1080p with less than 50 Hz was output again, the TV stayed black.

So I thought that I could explicitly specify the 24hz modes for 1080p somewhere and then they would be displayed again.

Thank you very much for your attention and efforts.

Just tried to upgrade my Khadas VIM3L by placing the CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-19.0-Matrix.tar in the .update directory.
Shutdown the VIM3L, so I could snapshot my mariadb jail, and powered it one again.
It extracted the contents and did a reboot and then I got the following message on the screen:

### Starting debugging shell for boot step: mount_flash... type exit to quit ###
*** Error in mount_flash: mount_common: Could not mount LABEL=CE_FLASH ***
#

I tried looking around but since it’s not on the EMMC drive I wasn’t able to find anything that I could use or work with to make it boot.

What can I do to fix this? I was thinking that perhaps it needed the correct dtb.img in the root again?
But it was booting before so not sure on that.

Khadas Krescue images are not supported. Please use normal VIM3L Android Pie image.

Been a long time (thing had close to 300 days total uptime) but I don’t think I used krescue.
I remember using the EMMC install after booting from SD.

No idea what the VIM3L Android Pie image is.
In general I ignore Android like a plague :slight_smile:

I will have a look.

1 Like

Khadas VIM3l users

Please be sure you have a file /flash/dtb.img on your current eMMC installation before upgrade to CoreELEC-19-Matrix! Otherwise the device will stop booting and a recovery will be needed!

Open a SSH connection and check it by:

CoreELEC:~ # ls /flash/dtb.img
/flash/dtb.img

If the output look like this the system is compatible and can be upgraded to CoreELEC-19-Matrix. If you get a “file not found” please restore your system like with a Android image or a compatible krescue image before upgrade! Please keep in mind the VIM3L HTPC kit is including a not official image by Team CoreELEC so maybe it does not support the upgrade as well.

@Portisch I remember looking at the Upgrade link and noticing it didn’t have the dtb.img informatie :slight_smile:
Should have checked to see if it was present. I assume it would be because it was booting before.

Guess I will do a full-reinstall then. Glad I saved some config and other files.

You should still be able to boot from uSD and mount internal eMMC to copy files if really needed.
But a clean install for CE-19 is recommended anyway…

I have the files I needed. Userdata and configfiles (from the shares).
I have manual mount files and since I use mariadb the advancedsettings.xml is important to me.

I will reinstall tonight.

Bit earlier then tonight, but reinstall went fine. Moving to EMMC as well.
Just creating my mount services and copying back some userdata files.

I don’t have a Multi channel PCM Hdmi option as passthrough on my S905x 2g, only normal hdmi and pcm, am i doing something wrong?

Everything was going fine with CE-19 installed in a SDCard (K1 Pro), then I decided to update channels in TVH 4.2 from an enigma2 list, and after that I made “reboot” from a console, but it didn’t reboot. No mecool logo, no nothing. The tv keeps saying “720 60Hz” every 2 seconds, and nothing more.

I have access to the card after booting from eMMc (2.9.7) and everything seems to be ok in both COREELEC and STORAGE partitions.
Is there anything I can do to bring it back to life?
Thanks

Settings > Player > Videos
Adjust display refresh rate > On start / stop

Hello, so I want to upgrade my Odroid N2 from 9.2.7 to 19 Matrix. Tried to to an update from 9.2.6 to 19 Matrix when the stable version came out, but as expected, it did not work, the device was going into boot loops and safe boot, and such. Fortunately I did a backup of the system before doing this, so I only had to reinstall a fresh version of 9.2.6 on the eMMC card and restore the backup to get everything back.

So I will have to start fresh from scratch if I want to have my device to 19 Matrix. However, currently with 9.2.7, I use the Aeon Nox SiLVO skin, on which I made few “personnalizations” to make it work and show menus and option like I want. So if I start from scratch with CE 19 Matrix, is there a way to backup and restore all the settings and “personnalizations” of the skin I made, so that I do not have to redo everything. Unless I missed something, as my native language is not english.

If I do a backup from 9.2.7, can it be restored on the CE 19 Matrix fresh image to restore every settings made on the previous version (including the personnalizations I made on the skin) ?

Thanks and keep up the good work !

Yes, you can. At least you can try. It didn’t work for me, though (with 9.2.6 backup). I had several little nuisances. Ie wrong fps. Media was 29,976 fps, CoreElec choose 23,98 fps. But not everytime. Graphical User-Interface in Player didn’t work. Fast forward and rewind worked as such. But the next play was a stuttering inferno. Missing buttons in Infoscreen, ie missing refresh button or same director. And so on. Yes, install from scratch is a pain in the butt, but ultimately worth it.