19.0-Matrix Discussion

At least that’s some good news! The jazz 4k file plays back at 60Mbps - that is a very high bitrate. Most of my videos are encoded at less than 3Mbps. Your cards should be the same but the only way to know for sure is to install CE19 on the card that currently has CE9.2.5 installed. If you get the same problem, then it can’t be the card.

Have you tried this previously? If not, it’s worth a go. The cards should perform the same, but it’s possible that may be the cause.

1 Like

Has wireguard support been deliberately removed? I just upgraded to version 19 and now I can’t load the wireguard module anymore (“not found”). In 9.2.7 it was still working fine (but of course that was an older kernel).

How can I make my remote connect through usb receiver to control volume in kodi? I’ve a soundbar connect to my tv via arc. I can control the volume on my soundbar via tv remote and cec, and this small usb remote did this before. Is there any setting I’m missing?

Edit: all of the sudden it got linked again and working as intended.

I know what you mean, but CE9.2.5 is working great and I don’t want to lose it, because my family wouldn’t be happy. Anyway I successfully played this on CE19.

It’s high bitrate too, mkv, h265, 10 bits, 558 MB in 1:46 minutes, but it’s not HDR.
42 Mbits if I am counting right
EDIT: I can do clean install 9.2.5 on 64 GB card and if it work, then it’s not card related.

Yes - I agree. If 9.2.5 installed on the 64gb card works correctly then it can’t be the card. If that’s the case I would ask one of the developers who owns an Odroid N2 (I don’t have that box) to try playing back that same 1.1gb file using CE19 and see if they can reproduce it.

However, those messages in the log you had of “timeout” strongly suggest some kind of bottleneck.

You could also try copying the file from your SD card to a USB drive or external hard drive and try playing it from there.

As I didn’t had any reply on this SERIOUS PROBLEM I decided to start over again:
Format SD, clean install matrix stable with rufus, put the SD in the box, boot from it, matrix first time run, unable to continue due the missed remote in the installation, remove SD and boot from emmc (9.2.7), reinsert SD to mount it, create the missed files in the SD to work with mecool original remote, boot again from SD (matrix) to complete setup, turn on ssh access and define lots of stuff that are disabled by default, install “driver.dvb.dvb-latest” because the installation doesn’t include the original anymore, install addons, define tvh from scratch, and so on.
Everything working again but an error in a personal addon because “requests” was not installed. I couldn’t find it in any repository, so I got a copy from a local backup of the previous STORAGE directory, rebooted the box from kodi menu, and them CABUM AGAIN… “the system has detect corruption” or something like that, “you have 120s to hit a key before the box explode” or something like that. As the remote only work after booting I had to turn the power off.
Now, how can I get logs from a situation like this?
I’d appreciate some kind of reply on this as it makes no sense to reinstall again.
Thanks and regards

Ok, here are results. CE 9.2.5, clean install on 64 GB SDcard. File in /storage/videos. Reboot after install.
log: http://ix.io/2TIC
ce-debug: http://ix.io/2TlD
dmesg: http://ix.io/2TlE
playback: https://drive.google.com/file/d/153XGFaz37nc2y-3so1rEfMpKBqkNf8Tp/view?usp=sharing
Thank you for your enormous help.
EDIT: I am not sure about links, is it 2TlD or 2T1D. Picture with screen below.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1597-K1wdNYd071q4f9byPbnMOqkogG71/view?usp=sharing

So I think you need to contact your “personal addon” developer to fix the addon. Copy add-ons from a old install is not a good idea. And the 120s get triggered when you personal do something wrong to the boot media.

How copying text files from a ssh console could be “doing personal something wrong”? Anyway, the “personal addon” was copied with no problems, the 120s got triggered after copying the “requests” python module, that exist in all my kodi installations and was not installed by me, including android and windows.

I think when you do not tell us your “personal addon” we will not be able to help you. Please ensure it’s not on this list:

It isn’t a public addon. It was made by me and only used by my kids to access their movies hosted in a VPS. Still needs to be adapted to kodi 19, tho.
default.py (9.8 KB)

In the meanwhile CoreELEC recovered the SD filesystem and everything seems to be working, so I guess I have a defective card.

PS: I think no one should be detective, policeman, moral advisor and judge at the same time. It’s not nice.

Kodi, and as an extension CoreELEC can’t be seen to provide support for any addons providing piracy content. The Kodi forums get people asking for support for broken piracy addons every day, if they provided support there would surely be legal ramifications, and their name would be dragged through the mud even more than it has been over the years. Not to mention they have no idea what the addon is or isn’t doing as they haven’t been involved in coding it. So you saying ‘personal addon’ arouses suspicions, and you can’t blame people for questioning it given the amount of piracy addons there are out there.

1 Like

I was hoping it would be the card but obviously not the case. I can only suggest that somebody with an Odroid N2 box tries to play back the file using CE19 and see if they can re-create it. I have no issues playing it with CE Matrix or CE Leia.

I can’t think of anything else to try. Maybe try downloading some more 4k HDR content and try to isolate if it is an HDR only problem.

I did try searching the forum and found this thread:-

Yours doesn’t sound like a hardware issue to me, but I have heard that quite a few people have had issues with the N2 HDMI port being “flakey”. As I said, your issue appears to be related to changes from v9.2.5 onwards, so I think a dev needs to re-create it on another N2 running CE19. If it plays back correctly for them, then it may be a funky weird hardware issue of some kind - even though that seems unlikely to be the cause.

Sorry FXB78, but I don’t see things that way. Nobody is a pirate until there are objective proof of that.
I understand that for legal reasons, and only for legal reasons, CE devs should be careful, and that’s it.

Anyway, my problem was not about any addon, was about a technical problem with CE installation.

And the" search.db "addon is also “pirated”?

is it possible to upgrade directly from 9.2.7(non-ng) to 19.x on a s905x box by just copying the .tar file and then reboot?

i just tried and looks like it’s not allowed. i just can’t seem to boot the new 19.x on this tx3. it gets stuck on coreelec logo. but new legacy 9.2.7 new install is working on the same sd card.

*update, it looks like I run into the same issue with s905x 1G not booting with -ng. I have 9.2.7 working perfectly on the internal flash, but booting the new -ng on SD card, and it just hangs on coreelec.

Do Matrix has evtest somewhere?

Install System tools addon from CoreELEC repo.

1 Like

Hello, first thank you for your help with this issue.
I am not giving up. What we know is that the last “no problem” version is CE 9.2.5, it’s a fact. And it points on upgrade changes are causing that, like you said.
But it can be hardware error too. And things are changing even when TV gets firmware updates.
I will try to narrow that on 4K HDR problem.
EDIT: And of course, it would be great if somebody try to reproduce that on Ondroid N2. Somebody more capable then me.

If you have any problem with a an addon or dependency you can post it, if you already posted please link it.
But keep in mind that not all addons have been ported to Matrix and to surpass any problem left by older installs we recommend a fresh install of Matrix.