3D Frame Packed (MVC) output with CoreELEC?

No logs are required, just if it works or not. Will work on next lift to 19.4_rc1…

1 Like

Everything works beautifully including mkv.mvc and iso. Tested on 5 different mkv.mvc and iso.
I do not have the problem reported by @xmlcom regarding the mkv.mvc. They played as hardware preferred mode no longer needs upper/down.
@Portisch you and your CE team have done something I thought impossible to achieve after so many years.
Carry on and thanks thank thanks.
Using an old X99max+ device.

1 Like

Is there some .mkv sample which really shows 3D difference?
For ISO I’m using 3D.ISO.sample.with.pop-out.and.depth.iso which clearly makes visible difference.

I do not have any mkv 3d sample, sorry. Maybe you can find Hugo Cabret (2011) or A Christmas Carol (2009) or The Queen’s Corgi (2019)

Thank you. I think with this new samples I downloaded I see now more in 3D :slight_smile:

Here the next test image, based on 19.4_rc1:

Just to test if it still works…

1 Like

Unfortunately this one double image no matter the settings

So unfortunately it does not work, please let me know if you need any logs, thanks.

Unfortunately I get the same results of @xmlcom .
No go.

Please have a test again and check if it works again!

As it’s a devel build best is to use a spare media to boot!
I did not try to run the image once…

No changes.
I have updated from the previous CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-19.4-Matrix_devel_20240606202141 or should I make a fresh install starting with CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2.8-Generic.img?

Edit: Did also a fresh install. No changes.

CE-19, Kodi 19.5:

Please check if working.

1 Like

Hi thanks,

did clean install, keep getting"invalid format" on all files played & all settings tried (i.e hardware based, over/under…).

Sorry,does not work.
Playing iso, system hangs and playing mkv only audio and black screen,
Any change in System settings do no affect this.

Ok, then last test image for this week:

1 Like

Hi thanks,
But again does not work, has flashing colours on top & images like 2D

Thanks for effort again.

In my system both mkv and iso work with a problem.The problem is that the right eye image is much darker than the left eye image and therefore the 3d glasses do not engage it even if on the TV screen I can see the movie and the TV reports it is 3d.
Again any change in the settings do not cure this “strange” problem.
Thank you @Portish and CE team. I am sure you are on the right course

2 Likes

What does the TV report? 8bit or 12bit colour depth?
I create a new image with have proper force to 8bit in fp mode.
I can’t test myself till monday so it’s just trial and error.

This is the last idea what I have without debugging:

No idea if it get working now or still invalid format.

1 Like

The last one was 8bit, BT 709

Thanks again,
New one same issues as last one, image shows but 3D depth very low and with colour flashes on top, with 8bit/BT.709 info.
@Portisch you& CE team You’ve done so much this week thank you. Please take a good rest this weekend and we go again next week.
Thanks again.

1 Like

Please test if this is still working, it’s now at 19.5:

2 Likes