9.2.2 Discussion

Look carefully at the last line in his post :wink:

Oh yeah, missed that …

Hi, I have issues with transfer speed using samba.
I’m using Odroid N2 4GB, booting from SD. I have several USB3 HDDs connected. Two of them are connected directly to N2 USB ports, three others are connected using USB3 hub. All NTFS. I tried ext4 but no change with that. No matter which drive I use, I can copy files to it via samba with a speed about 80MB per second. Which is ok. But I can read data only about 25MB per seconds, which is really slow. I have gigabit ethernet connection between devices, clients are Windows 7 or Windows 10. If I use Ubuntu image directly from Odroid, the speed is 90/90MB per second. So it looks like there is something wrong in Coreelec image. Do you have similar experience? Can I do something to get better speed? Thank you!

When I’ve stopped a movie and later resuming the playback crashes and kodi restarts. Not sure if this is embycon or corelec tho.

Https://paste.kodi.tv/amatonugam

edit:
Here is a crash log kodi_crashlog_20200501095052.log (167.1 KB)

Hi
I have a coreelec problem on the mini x3 box, I chose files similar to sm1_905x3_2g and sm1_905x3_4g files to create dtb.img but I couldn’t boot, the screen is black.
my box configuration is 905x3 ram 4gb, thanks.

1 Like

You should not go posting the same issue you have already posted HERE

There are 3 of you with this hardware who failed to boot CE.

I’ve pinged another member who apparently booted this box .

Exactly. Double postings are bad and do not help the community. I also made this mistake when I joined here.

I have consulted the link you sent, but failed to complete

Coming here posting the same problem is not going to result in a faster response or a MAGIC Fix. You have been advised to research and try to boot to recovery using an Android APK but you haven’t tried or responded.

I’m also seeing the freeze issue with one UHD movie. I already tried remuxing but no help.
The “good” thing is that the freeze seems to always occur at the exact same points so it’s easily reproducable.

How should I proceed to help debug it?

Best is to provide a sample which it can be reproduced in.

Cheers, I’ve got one here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=11foGsNXXC8MY8ZwwNCoGcSwX4dzYoQmQ

It hangs when Chewbacca is being pulled across the screen. When I was cutting that sample with ffmpeg, it looked like that same spot precedes a keyframe because my first cut attempt stopped right there. I had to end the cut slightly further to get material past the point.

Was the issue reproduced, or do I need to provide logs or something else?

Looking at the media info for the clip I noticed

Frame rate : 14 764.657 FPS
Original frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS

That looks like an odd number for the frame rate to me.

That’s probably ffmpeg calculating the framerate incorrectly. Looks like it has used the number of frames in the cut clip against the original duration.

Thanks all. Issue resolved :slight_smile:

And the issue and method to resolve was??

@bazzle This was based on my TV overscan issue. On my Samsung TV I had to change the Picture to Screen Fit in the TV Options and left all the settings on CoreElec as Default for the overscan & on the video playback settings.

1 Like

I am doing a happy dance.

Yesterday my Khadas VIM3L arrived with CoreELEC preinstalled (this usually bothers me and I prefer to wipe clean and install myself, but I was so eager I used it as is). I went through the startup wizard, connected to wifi, set region, etc. It asked if I wanted to update to 9.2.2. I did, of course, because I had read about all the fixes that were in it. It updated. I added the Jellyfin Repo, connected to my server.
It spent some long time updating all the media while I slept. This morning everything looked happy. I tested a 4K video to see how it compared to my RPi4B running LibreELEC. IT JUST WORKED! No hangs like the other device. A bit of buffering at the beginning, but only a few seconds. Then just worked. I look forward to testing it out more extensively, but I already know that it works better. Yeah!

Thanks CoreELEC team (and Khadas)! Congratulations on good work.

2 Likes

When you say that the addon categories are slow, it seems a little vague as to exactly what elements are slow.

Are you talking about the addons themselves, and if so, which ones?

As far as the updates are concerned, as you know, it has been discussed ad infinitum and the CE team made a decision, so I can’t see why the same things should be resurrected where reasoning’s are duplicated.

The extra work is often because the same thing keeps coming up and having to be answered again and again.