9.2.2 Discussion

Cheers, I’ve got one here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=11foGsNXXC8MY8ZwwNCoGcSwX4dzYoQmQ

It hangs when Chewbacca is being pulled across the screen. When I was cutting that sample with ffmpeg, it looked like that same spot precedes a keyframe because my first cut attempt stopped right there. I had to end the cut slightly further to get material past the point.

Was the issue reproduced, or do I need to provide logs or something else?

Looking at the media info for the clip I noticed

Frame rate : 14 764.657 FPS
Original frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS

That looks like an odd number for the frame rate to me.

That’s probably ffmpeg calculating the framerate incorrectly. Looks like it has used the number of frames in the cut clip against the original duration.

Thanks all. Issue resolved :slight_smile:

And the issue and method to resolve was??

@bazzle This was based on my TV overscan issue. On my Samsung TV I had to change the Picture to Screen Fit in the TV Options and left all the settings on CoreElec as Default for the overscan & on the video playback settings.

1 Like

I am doing a happy dance.

Yesterday my Khadas VIM3L arrived with CoreELEC preinstalled (this usually bothers me and I prefer to wipe clean and install myself, but I was so eager I used it as is). I went through the startup wizard, connected to wifi, set region, etc. It asked if I wanted to update to 9.2.2. I did, of course, because I had read about all the fixes that were in it. It updated. I added the Jellyfin Repo, connected to my server.
It spent some long time updating all the media while I slept. This morning everything looked happy. I tested a 4K video to see how it compared to my RPi4B running LibreELEC. IT JUST WORKED! No hangs like the other device. A bit of buffering at the beginning, but only a few seconds. Then just worked. I look forward to testing it out more extensively, but I already know that it works better. Yeah!

Thanks CoreELEC team (and Khadas)! Congratulations on good work.

2 Likes

When you say that the addon categories are slow, it seems a little vague as to exactly what elements are slow.

Are you talking about the addons themselves, and if so, which ones?

As far as the updates are concerned, as you know, it has been discussed ad infinitum and the CE team made a decision, so I can’t see why the same things should be resurrected where reasoning’s are duplicated.

The extra work is often because the same thing keeps coming up and having to be answered again and again.

Glad to be running CoreELEC, but got a small issue with my C4. DVD Menus are broken, for example on a TV show, if I hit the episodes list it doesn’t proceed (But I can see the mouse pointer move). This happened on my C2 aswell.

This is a know issue on Amlogic platform. Don’t know if it can be solved ever. ffmpeg detect wrong frame rate on mpeg stream as multiple still pictures are merged into on vts file.

Talking to me? The previous version of coreelec didn’t have this issue and DVD menus were flawless

That’s because there was a change and now some more DVD menu are hw decoded now. More as before, even Blue Ray menus. But others stop working by this change. It’s like a 50:50% working/not working chance. Let me check it in more detail if there is a way to fix it.

1 Like

I’ve been using 9.2.2 version on my 905x3 since it got released without any problems but lately all of a sudden I can’t update my movie library from the USB hdd connected to the box directly, I do the scanning and the films are not added. Another issue is that movies that weren’t watched till the end don’t pick up from the moment they were stopped.

Great, thanks for your help :). On my C2 it was no trouble as I could just use an older version of CoreELEC, but that version isn’t supported for the C4 haha.

I found where is the bug. IF I enable the hardware decoder, the issue come out.

I see this error in the log every reboot

2020-05-12 03:06:19.103 T:3603280704   ERROR: ## CoreELEC Addon ## hardware::load_values ## ERROR: (IOError(2, 'No such file or directory'))
2020-05-12 03:06:19.104 T:3603280704   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/adamg/CoreELEC/build.CoreELEC-Amlogic.arm-9.2.2/CoreELEC-settings-34e5845c9423a4e86f0edd42ab473c3aadb17561/.install_pkg/usr/share/kodi/addons/service.coreelec.settings/resources/lib/modules/hardware.py", line 440, in load_values
                                              File "/home/adamg/CoreELEC/build.CoreELEC-Amlogic.arm-9.2.2/CoreELEC-settings-34e5845c9423a4e86f0edd42ab473c3aadb17561/.install_pkg/usr/share/kodi/addons/service.coreelec.settings/oe.py", line 358, in get_config_ini
                                            IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/flash/config.ini'

Is it anything to worry about?

Update to last nightly.

I have updated from 9.2.0 to 9.2.2 and have heavy issues. I am using the teleboy pvr addon for Live-TV. Since the update, the image freezes randomly. It gets stuck and I have to reboot.

I didn’t have the problems before. That’s why I want to downgrade back to 9.2.0. I already tried it but it doesn’t work. After the downgrade to 9.2.0 I see the Bootlogo Khadas and the sbc shuts down.

I have also tried to downgrade via Khadas rescue tool but there is no archiv where I can download the old version of coreelec just the newone. The Frimware is installed on the emmc storage

How can I downgrade my Khadas VIM3L to 9.2.0?