9.2.4.2 Discussion

I try to simulate this “issue” but how you performed the mount?
Any media I insert get automatic mounted to /var/media/* and not /storage/*.

I’m having 2 issues, both which were already present in v9.2.3:

1. Impossible to update library. It’s as though there’s no internet connection however, library updating works fine in Android and I can download updates and add-ons in CoreELEC so, it is not a connection problem. FWIW, my Ugoos AM6 is connected via LAN.

2. In CoreELEC, I can see my photo folders but when opening them they all show as empty. If I switch to Kodi under Android, all my photos are displayed. System settings are identical so I’m at a loss as to why this is happening.

Edit:
I had another look at my settings and note that even though auto-updates are turned on, I am still using v9.2.3. I checked my connections and it confirms I’m in wired mode with the state being online. However, my firewall is switched off.

I attempted to change updates to manual but that made no change because it says there are no available updates. It really seems like there’s no internet connection even though it says there is and when in Android there’s no problem.

Sorry i meant to say 9.2.3
I ran that with no issues. I didnt use any usb powered externals. My point is, SMB browsing worked. 9.2.4.1 doesnt.

Are you using SMB to connect to shares? I am having issue where network browsing is not working in SMB!

No. I have 5 drives connected directly to the TV box.

It may be due to the version of SMB running on the server. I cannot browse to my ubuntu NAS from Kodi, but instead have to code the network IP and share name, plus userid and password. I had to do it in 9.2.3 also. If I change the setup on my ubuntu server to SMB1 I could probably see it in a network browser.

No. My Freenas server does smb2 and v3 natively. I did try enabling smbv1 on freenas and the coreelec sMB settings menu but it didn’t help.

Didn’t have to do anything on prior version and it worked no issues. Something changed with this version of coreelec

Regarding your library scan issue, try disabling VFS addon (Virtual File System), if you have it enabled? There are a few problems (see github) with VFS hanging with some types or rar archives and some types of subtitles in rar files. The author or the VFS plugin has advised it may not be 100% fixed until Kodi 19.

Where is this VFS option please?
You think it may be VFS that is stopping auto-updates of CoreELEC itself?

I have a Beelink GS-King X,
after this update at every power on the screen become all green,
you cannot use the device,
only press the button on the box to turn it off, or unplung the power cable

so you have to force the shutdown to make it work again every time you have to use it…

Auto-updates are disabled on our server currently. We always wait one or two days after each stable release to look for any possible problems before every device is being updated automatically. Auto-updates will be activated tomorrow.

Ok but that still doesn’t solve the issue of not being able to update my library.

9.2.4.1 version

Apps -> Addon browser -> Install from repositories -> All repositories -> Virtual filesystems -> Rar archive support

Are you using a local or remote library database?

Hello, I updated my S905W amlogic to 9.2.4.1 and the wifi problem is still there. Can you fix it or at least give us a workaround until a proper fix is released?

Anyway thank you for this awesome OS.

Local. I have 5 external drives connected directly to the TV box through a USB hub.

Not installed. Should I?

What exact device do you have?

edit: I think I know the driver you are referring to. I’m making a test build for you to try a change to the driver. I will send you a link for the test build when it’s uploaded. Once I upload the test build the sooner I can get feedback on the change the more likely it is that it can get into a 9.2.4.2 build, if one happens.

Thank you, I am waiting for your fix.

1 Like