9.2.4.2 Discussion

YES, I am sure and everything I wrote is correct. Advice on the download section is not completely correct. It’s missing the information that GXL (S905X) devices with previously installed -ng nightly can install -ng final image version.
See my post no. 83 in this thread, and the answer from @kostaman.

1 Like

@senchi

here is the testbuild for your wifi issue. https://test.coreelec.org/cdu13a/public.builds/CoreELEC-Amlogic.arm-9.2-devel-1597080534.tar

I tried man combinations…nothing. not even a little life sign.
so I guess I give up and buy a new one :frowning:

I am sorry about this issue. let me google tomorrow a bit. but there have to be some tweak to shorten the eMMC as every Amlogic box I have seen so far is able to be recovered by this method.

No hard feelings…it happens, I am just unlucky :wink: and it seems my specific version of the tx5 pro is kinda unique? all pics of it on google etc. are slightly different from mine.

you’re doing a fine job here, love coreelec. so I will upgrade from a S905X2 to a S905X3, as you know: new is always better! :smiley:

I really can recommend s905x3, it’s much more powerful then s905x2. On top is for sure the s922x, but I also use as daily driver a s905x3.

If you love LibreELEC, you are visiting the wrong forums. :wink:

:rofl: :crazy_face:
it is way too hot here, sorry…my brain is melting…

1 Like

I would suggest to buy an Odroid C4 with emmc and SD EMMC Adapter. If something bricks the uboot on mc you can just unplug the emmc and boot from SD or repair emmc with a PC.
This is a main advantage even compared to Khadas where you still can bork your emmc and only shorting helps.

i have problems when i press the forward button to play forward in a movie.
the old behaviour was: i clicked 10 times on forward.
the first click jumped +10 sec, the second click +30 sec, the third click +1min, the fourth click +2min, +5min, +10 min, …
now, i can click 10 times forward and it just jumps +10, or even +0

i only tested a movie from an usb hard drive, not a stream yet.
anyone else having this problem?

odroid n2, latest release

when i keep the forward button pressed, it jumps very very fast to +30min and more, nearly impossible to navigate where i want to

Is anybody else experiencing much slower ftp speeds after updating to 9.2.4.1? Nothing has changed with my setup, Khadas vim3 pro same laptop same Ethernet connection same FileZilla version but speeds have dropped from 80/100mb/s down to 2/5mb/s
I’ve Tried a simple power cycle of my laptop and the vim with no change

The wifi is working fine now. thank you.

You can check this build if it fixes the issue for you :

I don’t know if your device uses the same driver as mine but this build does fix the wifi issue for me :

thanks for testing, I pushed the changes so should be fixed in 9.2.4.2 when it gets released.

Can anyone from the Coreelec team comment on my issue with SMB browsing ? Post 172 + 182

SMB working perfectly in NG build for my S905X2 box.

Network browsing is broken for NFS & SMB because of security related issues, the servers are being patched. On the Kodi forums I suggested to the devs there that the browsing should be eliminated because its not working correctly. It no longer works with Debian/Ubuntu dists, but CentOS it still does, but I’m sure it’ll be patched soon there as well. The Add Network Location does work where you type in the IP info, etc.

Here’s the thread on the Kodi forums where they talk about the browsing problems, if anyone cares to read it.

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=356257&pid=2969195#pid2969195

Read about 1/2 way down & they also talk about SMB v1 issues with browsing.

Has Green screen issue of Ng based build fixed in new test build?

no, still taking a look to try and figure out a cause and solution for display issues. The test build was just for wifi issues with the amlogic build.