9.2.4.2 Discussion

Minix U9-H, Vizio soundbar, Sony TV
Same issue - incredibly slow UI on 9.2.4. I’m could swear that it said CEC 4.0.4 when I checked it, but I’ve already reverted back to 9.2.3 until I can spend some more time looking at it without impacting those around me.

How would you define incredibly slow in terms that give some idea of what you mean?

I can’t see anything that would make me think ‘incredibly slow’.

Press a remote control button. Wait 10 seconds for something to happen on the screen.
Goto a screen like Settings/CoreELEC and watch as the menu of items on the left side (System, Updates, Network, etc) slowly fill in over the course of 30-40 seconds.

(whereas in prior releases the above was all instant).

I not personally seeing any change in GUI behaviour with either of my boxes.

So other than provide logs for analysis, I would create a fresh installation to sd card/flash drive and see if the behaviour exists with no changes made or addons etc installed as it is quite possible for something optional being in conflict with the new release.

It is quite strange. I had the same issue with you, but starting from 9.2.3. I was pretty sure my NAS server didn’t have any update or change and all other clients work well, except CoreELEC.
Anyway, I fixed that by setting both the max and min protocol versions to 1.0 in kodi samba setting.

I have the same menu sound effect delay problem(about 0.5 seconds). I can not stand it and rolled-back to 9.2.3

Tested with my K1 Pro and auto connect is not working but we are now aware of it.
It won’t work with 9.2.4.1
Be patient

1 Like

I have extensively tested 9.2.4.1 -ng on:

• S905X 1/8 10/100 (NexBox A95X)
  • S905W 2/16 10/100 (TaNiX TX3 Mini and TX3 Max)
  • S905X2 4/32 10/100 (Turewell F2)
  • S905X3 4/64 10/100/1000 (TaNiX TX5 Deluxe Edition)

and the only thing that doesn’t work as far as I can tell, is suspend, and this only on the non -ng boxes.

Test environment contains legal software only, meaning Kodi repository only.

Haven’t updated to 9.2.4.1 yet but I’ve had similar behaviour in the past when I’ve started the box and it was not able to NTP sync time so it was way off by years. The actual culprit was a 3rd party video add-on, noticed it when I started disabling one add-on at a time.

Smb should not allow browsing of shares. It was removed as a supported feature over a year ago . some distribution still allowed it in smb1 but this is now deprecated. Explicit IP and path should work.

Shoog

2 Likes

Same problem here. I’ve tried with libcec 4.0.4, 4.0.5 and 4.0.7, but UI in 9.2.4.1 is only responsive if I turn off CEC completely. In v9.2.3 works well.

Box: Vontar X3 4/64 (S905X3)
TV: TCL C715

Exactly the same for me as well, except my box is an “SMBox SM2” (S905X).

Oddly, this is a test box connected to a PC monitor with an HDMI to DVI connector, so there should be no CEC interaction with the monitor anyway. Looks like it’s more an internal CE issue rather than being caused by how it talks to the monitor/TV

Reference to Message 93 by rajawaqas. Ethernet working but wifi like you said not working with either 9.2.4 and 9.2.4.1 not ng version. I had to revert back to 9.2.3 to have wifi working again. My x96 mini has S905L with 1 GB (contrary to what android says of S905W and 2 GB). I haven’t tried the NG version of 9.2.4.1. Is it worth the try?

SSH and issue command

Code:
udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio*

Will Multichannel over HDMI PCM also work on S905x boxes with -ng?

Doesn’t it work?

No because i have not the Option. On my C4/n2 i can Set by “Audioausgabegerät” HDMI Multi ch PCM. And this is option i don’t found on the S905 boxes

Never did for me on my S905X (Venz V10 Pro) on the Funhouse builds. Only 2.0 on FLAC worked. My 5.0 and 5.1 FLAC audio was silent. Worked fine on the 3.x kernel stable releases.

I’m not on the CoreELEC team, but Windows hasn’t allowed network browsing to shares on Win 10 for quite some time. It’s a security problem with old SMB1 systems. You need to explicitly code the IP address and use an ID and password. I’ve changed over all my SMB servers and clients to use ID and passwords.

I honestly didn’t test HDMI MultiPCM on my Potato.