9.2.4.2 Discussion

X96 Mini 2/16 S905W.
gxl_p281_2g

I Installed CoreELEC ng with ceemmc -x command to internal storage and works. (With dual boot)
I can boot CoreELEC 9.2.4.1 ng and with the option “Reboot from eMMC/NAND” boot to Android 7.1.2
*DO NOT install with ceemmc if previusly installed CoreELEC on internal, it doesn’t boot. Install the original android image before do it.

I tried to inject BL301 and works too.
For now works very well the ng on my device,
No deinterlacing option available on CoreELEC Settings because it’s not necesary on this kernel.
All run very smoothly for now.

I have auto update turned on however, I installed CoreELEC on an SD card. Will the update automatically be made to the SD card or will it fail to update because it will search for a hardware installation?

Also, to avoid the numerous problems cited above, would a manual fresh install to a new SD card be advisable? I’m thinking that if anything goes awry I can simply roll back by switching SD cards.

Carlos:~ # udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio*
P: /devices/d0070000.sdio/mmc_host/sdio/sdio:0001/sdio:0001:1
L: 0
E: DEVPATH=/devices/d0070000.sdio/mmc_host/sdio/sdio:0001/sdio:0001:1
E: DRIVER=SSV6XXX_SDIO
E: SDIO_CLASS=07
E: SDIO_ID=3030:3030
E: MODALIAS=sdio:c07v3030d3030
E: SUBSYSTEM=sdio

this is whiat I got. 3.14 Kernel

I tried NG 9.2.4.1 NG Generic on my x96 mini fake S950L 1GB using gxl_p2121g dtb and the wifi works. Slow boot. Not really understanding if old kernel will not be maintained anymore for old mobos. Not sure if using NG version is a good choice and wihich are the drawbacks. No success in installing to internal (unable to read the emmc size).

On a different box (A95X F1 - S905W -2+16GB) I succeed in installing it to internal using 9.2.4.1 non NG version. Does it make any sense to install the NG version? I haven’t found any instructions on how to move from non NG to NG version on internal: do I have to make a backup, use a SD to install the NG and then use ceemmc to install to emmc and then restore the backup?

hello,
I just received an Odroid N2+.
Before flashing version 9.2.4.1, is it recommended to update “petitboot version 20200806” or do not touch anything ? Thanks for your help.

If using eMMC for CoreELEC single boot OS no need to do anything with Petitboot.

If you will use Dual Boot SD Card CE and Android eMMC

You must update Petitboot.

Hello.How i am supposed to update from 9.2.4. to 9.2.4.1? nothing i do works…

Try something else which only YOU know what else you haven’t tried.

1 Like

Thank you for this quick response. I am using single use coreelec on eMMC so I will not be updating Petitboot! Thank you very much for the information.

Just for yourself and others
It’s very easy to update.

Boot into petitboot
Navigate in menu to enter “Exit to shell”
Type: pb-update
Petitboot will be downloaded from Odroid Servers and on completion it will reboot
with the updated Petitboot installed.

thank you for this procedure. But for me no need is that right ?
I just flashed version 9.2.4.1 without the Petiboot update as you told me and it works perfectly, coreelec works fine ! thank you.

You’re all good.
You are a single OS boot user .
You will not use petitboot.

1 Like

I think that you can find the answer here

Manual Upgrade

There won’t ever be an automatic upgrade from the amlogic to amlogic-ng builds. However a manual upgrade is fairly easy to do.

1. Place the amlogic-ng update tar file into the .update folder.
  2. Create an empty .nocompat file in the .update folder.
  3. Reboot your device. it should proceed the same as a normal update at this point.

Like what?I always was playing with manual/auto settings and after of 2nd,3rd reboot suddenly it was updating ok.Now this doesn’t make the trick.I have the stable Vorke Z6 version.

I think he means nobody can read your mind. First say what you did then we can help you. There is only one way currently to update to 9.2.4.1. All other update methods are disabled for ongoing issues. 9.2.4.2 will be needed soon.

Isn’t there somewhere written to read the process?Something like OP.Many of us are newbie users.I saw some said about petitboot,tar and some to just choose 9.2.4 file,as is actually 9.2.4.1 All this time i was just choosing from list on manual update!

If 9.2.4 works for you currently, there is no need to update right now, as it won’t give you any benefit.
Just leave your update settings to auto and wait for 9.2.4.2 being released during the next days, to which your device will auto-update as soon as we activate this feature again.

Have you tried visiting https://coreelec.org/ and clicking Download, then following the link for Stable, then “Update installation”? Or wait as relkai says.

1 Like

Hello, I have a 4K TV, is it necessary to set the Kodi resolution 3840 x 2160 in the options or leave the resolution 1920 x 1080 by default ? Thanks for your help.

I can confirm that I had a very slow GUI issue on my K1 Pro (S905D) on the non .ng version of CE 9.2.4.1 Each press on remote was taking around 10-15 seconds to see the reaction on the screen. I was already going to revert to 9.2.3 but I noticed some posts about disabling CEC and sure enough it fixed it. It’s a temporary workaround but it works. The bad thing is that you cannot do it via config.ini as K1 Pro doesn’t have it, but with some patience you can disable it in the Kodi settings.