9.2.4.2 Discussion

Are there any known issues with deinterlacing on 9.2.4.2? Had to roll back to 9.2.3 on my C4 to watch live sport (1080i).

Edit - not getting the same issues with my La Frite and 9.2.4.2.

What are you using to watch live sport?

What is your issue?
Also please upload a recorded sample on that this issue could be repeated

Hi guys, I am an owner of Odroid N2 and I have now installed the new CoreELEC 9.2.4.2, having connected an AVR Hdmi to my system I noticed that in the audio setting there are no more DTS-HD and TrueHd audio, I tried to play movies with these audio codecs and in fact they no longer appear on the display of my AVR, on DTS-HD it appears DTS and True-HD does not reproduce any sound, too bad because the previous version were present and worked well. Why this change? Thank you.

Check in audio settings(in 2 places there) that correct devices selected HDMI and HDMI Multi Ch PCM

Thanks, it was my mistake, I found the two codecs and selected them, I hadnā€™t seen them, I apologize.

Tvheadend. Looks like whatever the problem is its unique to the C4 and CE. No issues with CE on my La Frite or Kodi on Windows.

Will record a sample and upload it.

Hi all,

Is this the right discussion topic to post this issue? If not, can a moderator point me to the correct one?

Thanks in advance,

We donā€™t include cryptsetup iirc.

Using Odroid N2
Iā€™ve jut noticed that subsampling setting is missing from Coreelec settings. Is this intentional or bug?

Just wanted to mention this build is working nicely on my MeCool BB2 (non-pro) S912 box. Best Build so far, no errors I can find, runs smoothly, almost as good as my Odroid N2.

1 Like

I have problems with hdmi-cec. when I turn off the tv and turn it back on, the odroid N2 always turns on. I have tried all the configurations in the ā€œhardwareā€ section and kodi. Any suggestion? Thank you

Looks like I installed it from entware. It was working 100% for several versions before this upgrade, maybe some kernel or library change broke it.
Any chance cryptsetup can be included in Coreelec?

Which ā€œsubsamplingā€ setting is missing?

nunog, you should find when this thing broke with using old nighly builds from http://coreelec.relkai.org/. Then you can look what broke it (maybe some kernel config).

Thanks for the tip!

Just downgraded to 9.2.3 but still wasnā€™t working.
Then I checked the entware package dateā€¦ it was recently updated also, but since I didnā€™t reboot for a long time, just now I needed to remount the disk. So I reverted to a older cryptsetup (2.1.0) and itā€™s working now with coreelec 9.2.4.2.

Thanks for the support.
Anyway, having cryptsetup (LUKS) in coreelec would be a great feature to add :wink:

1 Like

I agree. I need cryptsetup myself.

If i remember correctly in previous builds there was ā€œUse 4:2:2 Color subsamplingā€œ setting somewhere in Settings/CoreElec/ā€¦
I needed this setting for my Odroid/AVR/TV+Projector setup to work reliably as one of my HDMi cables is quite long (-10m), not top notch quality and not able to support 4:4:4 without brief screen blackouts.

Itā€™s still there, if you select Expert you should have it in Settings/CoreElec/Displayā€¦

It works perfect on S905X (Magicsee Iron)
But ā€˜Disable deinterlacingā€™ option goes away anywhere. I tried echo 1 bypass hd blabla command but it doesnā€™t work. How can I do it? Because my IPTV streams. Thank you!