9.2.4.2 Discussion

Installed the update on my X96 Max Plus and found a small bug, probably with the USB-ports. After booting, the RII wireless keyboard doesn’t work right away: I have to unplug it and plug it in again. I didn’t check, but this may be the case for other USB devices too.

Rear usb ports are still hit-n-miss.
Maybe getting better, but my tuners still freeze from time to time and/or when resuming N2 from sleep.
Front usb is as always ok.
For my CEC issue I can’t comment until I find the time to test available libs.
Disabling active route doesn’t seem to help.
Other than that (none of the above is a new issue), it looks ok.

Is this the way to do it in 9.2.4, or is the user configured option mentioned in the changelog available through the UI?

The CEC wake up functions options are available in CE settings if using Odroid N2/C4 or a compatible device with bl301 injected.

Thanks, but can you control which version of the lib is used?

1 Like

After new installation of newly updated version of 9.2.4, my x96 mini (S905W)WiFi is not connecting anymore. Kindly help?

I put the new version in the update folder last night on my 4G N2. Everything seems to be working fine. I watched some TV from TVHeadEnd server (different machine), watched some videos from an NFS export over the network, and checked the weather.

I have k1 pro sd905d and try to install ng 9.2.4 but I have errors

UPDATE IN PROGRESS

Please do not reboot or turn off your CoreELEC device!

Found new .tar archive
Extracting contents of archive...  |/-\|/-\|/-\|done
Checking KERNEL.md5...  |OK
Checking SYSTEM.md5...  |/-OK
Update from 3.14 is not supported!

ERROR: CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2-nightly_20200731.tar is not compatible with Amlogic.arm hardware - update cancelled.

Current system: Amlogic.arm
Update  system: Amlogic-ng.arm

Create /storage/.update/.nocompat to disable compatibility checks and risk a non-booting system.

Cleaning up...  |done
Normal startup in 60s...   605958575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1NOW

When you read the hint about update from Amlogic to Amlogic-ng and also your log you will find the solution shortly.

I know that but is coreelec 3.14 need update to 4.9 with from tar file or fresh install?

I used tar method with nocompat to update my Amlogic Lepotato to Amlogic-ng on an earlier dev stage. I broke it.

I had some time to try with the diff libcec versions.
My setup.
N2 4G (9.2.4RC on emmc) -> hdmi -> old tv (samsung le46a956).
Reminder, my issue:
Turn off N2 with remote (suspend really), tv turns off = ok.
Turn on N2 with remote, tv turns on (ok),
but cec is disconnected, vol +/- not responding, tv vol at 100%.
If/when I reboot N2 all is back to normal.
Used to work ok @ CE 9.2.2.
I tried all 3 libcec libs, no change.
For now I let it run 4.0.7 (cause latest is “better”, lol).
No big deal really, and possibly has to do with my ancient tv,
but I thought better to report it.
Otherwise looks good.

I think you are being advised to do a fresh install when changing kernels like this :thinking:

There is the error needs a new installation!
Changing the kernel requires a new installation.
Make a backup backup and restore after the new construction in sd.

I installed 3.14 internal mmc. no use sdcard. How fresh install mmc 4.9

The hard-reset option in the CoreELEC configuration addon does not work, this occurs from versions prior to 9.2.3.95 but has not yet been resolved in CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2.3.95-Generic.img.gz.

The soft-reset option has not been tested.

The old installtointernal is not supported anymore by 4.9. After you setup a new boot media with Amlogic-ng and restored you Android on the device you can try ceemmc tool for internal install.

Make a backup of current CE settings, restore Android by an compatible vendor image and boot Amlogic-ng first from uSD or USB. Then restore the CE backup and it should work.

Updated NG 9.2.3.95 from 20200731 and put it through it’s paces across a range of uses and was not able to discover any issues.

I checked NG build on old MXQ Pro 4k (S905X, 1gb ram) and i’m getting a bootloop.
I can see CE logo and version in top left but that’s all.
Used dtb: gxl_p212_1g