9.2.5 Discussion

Do files play from file manager ?
Can you create a source within file manager pointing at the relevant folders on each drive ?

Shoog

Do files play from file manager ?

Never attempted. I can try that this afternoon. Theoretically, they should be invisible.

Can you create a source within file manager pointing at the relevant folders on each drive ?

I don’t know what you mean by that?

At the bottom of file manager there is a “Add Source” option where you can create a link to any folder which is accessible to file manager. You can navigate to your Movies folder and create a Source called Movies which will subsequently appear as a direct link in file manager.
If you can create a Source in file manager then it should then become available to the “media” tab in settings.

It is always an option to use file manager to access and play files on any attached HDD’s.

Shoog

Understood. Will attempt that.

Ok, I have to go now otherwise I will never find the time to test all these things.

Here’s the results of all my tests:

1. Did all drives appear in Kodi file manager?
    YES and all missing files were displayed too.

2. Can the files be played within file manager?
    YES. Both music and videos played normally.

3. In file manager, add source for each drive. They should then appear in the media tab.
    It was not possible to add them as new sources because they were already listed from the time I
    originally added each as a source. That said, they always displayed under the media tab anyway but
    it was not possible to scan them.

4. Test a drive in each USB port to see if missing files appear.
    All ports worked and I tested 3 different drives however, the results are rather complicated. I don’t
    know what happened but after I found the missing files displayed in file manager I attempted to scan
    them from there also. Lo and behold, CoreElec began scanning! The first CD cover it found instantly
    but thereafter, even though I could see the scan window identifying all the albums and their relevant
    information, nothing was added to the library. I tried the same with a few TV series. Again, the first
    show it found and updated with all artwork. All subsequent shows ended up with nothing, but it WAS
    scanning.

And, if all that isn’t weird enough already, when I went back into the Video option and selected files,
    all but 3 of the TV series were displayed with their relevant info and that includes new series that I
    only added last night. I tried rescanning the 3 missing shows but although they were definitely being
    scanned, nothing was found. I then rebooted to see if that would change anything but it didn’t.

Another thing that, although very minor, is bothering me. With my previous CoreElec install, an opening sound would play whenever it was launched. This new install isn’t doing that and I can’t find any option within the program settings to activate it. Any ideas?

Coming back to the invisible music files which are all now visible, I moved the USB drive from a 2.0 port to the 3.0 hub. That resulted in significantly faster read time but is that the reason why they were invisible before? I doubt it because the issue only applied to the most recent additions.

Could you please post a log:

It will have to be tomorrow but yes, I can do that.

Edit: I note in Kodi there are several options for logging with some appearing on the screen in real time. Which ones do I need to activate in order to provide the logs you require please?

I have a NexBox A95X B7N 1/8 10/100 device. I’ve been using the ‘normal’ stable version forever - no problems.

I’m trying to add bluetooth to the device for a pair of earbuds and failing dramatically.

I’m using gxl_p212_1g.dtb and renaming to dtb.img.

I tried to install the generic -ng unstable version. my device shows the Corelec splash screen, hangs around for a while and then reboots. I’ve done several downloads to my machine and several writes of the SD card; it just doesn’t boot.

The unstable non-ng generic boots; tells me it’s working on the setup and runs fine. However, like the stable, it doesn’t seem to register the bluetooth so that it works.

I have a 2.0 bluetooth USB stick - it gets recognized, but the audio doesn’t get passed to my AUKEY P21 earbuds.

The USB 4.0 I bought isn’t recognized by Coreelec
The USB 5.0 I bought is recognized (Cambridge chipset), but doesn’t see the AUKEY to allow it to pair (Coreelec does see the adapter).

Any thoughts on what to do or what information to provide to perhaps get additional help?

But for the bluetooth issue, Coreelec has always been flawless. I booted the device into its native Android firmware and was shocked by how unusable and slow the system and interface were. Wow, Coreelec running on an SD card runs circles around the native OS running natively.

Andrew

@AndyInNYC

The NexBox A95X-B7N 8/1/100 is one of the devices on my testbed and I have no issues with CE 9.2.5 stable (generic or -ng). USB ports on this device are limited to 2.0

I use a Dual Mode Bluetooth V4.0 USB Adapter with a CSR8510 chipset, and it works flawlessly on stable builds.

With nightlies and betas. ymmv.

I’ve got a new device “Mini Ultra DreamTV” it has got a s905x2 2g.
*-ng is booting with g12a_s905x2_2g dtb.

Only IR Remote and one usb-port (usb2) not working.

CoreELEC: # systemctl stop kodi
CoreELEC: # systemctl stop eventlircd
CoreELEC: # ir-keytable -p NEC,RC-5,RC-6,JVC,SONY -t
/sys/class/rc/: No such file or directory
No devices found
[    2.827976@2] amlogic-new-usb2-v2 ffe09000.usb2phy: USB2 phy probe:phy_mem:0xffe09000, iomap phy_base:0xffffff80083fc000
[    4.094075@3] dwc3 ff500000.dwc3: Configuration mismatch. dr_mode forced to host
[    4.096879@3] xhci-hcd xhci-hcd.0.auto: xHCI Host Controller
[    4.096894@3] xhci-hcd xhci-hcd.0.auto: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1
[    4.097170@3] xhci-hcd xhci-hcd.0.auto: hcc params 0x0228fe6c hci version 0x110 quirks 0x20010010
[    4.097213@3] xhci-hcd xhci-hcd.0.auto: irq 14, io mem 0xff500000
[    4.097343@3] usb usb1: New USB device found, idVendor=1d6b, idProduct=0002
[    4.097346@3] usb usb1: New USB device strings: Mfr=3, Product=2, SerialNumber=1
[    4.097348@3] usb usb1: Product: xHCI Host Controller
[    4.097351@3] usb usb1: Manufacturer: Linux 4.9.113 xhci-hcd
[    4.097353@3] usb usb1: SerialNumber: xhci-hcd.0.auto
[    4.097823@2] hub 1-0:1.0: USB hub found
[    4.097843@2] hub 1-0:1.0: 2 ports detected
[    4.098088@2] xhci-hcd xhci-hcd.0.auto: xHCI Host Controller
[    4.098097@2] xhci-hcd xhci-hcd.0.auto: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 2
[    4.098141@2] usb usb2: We don't know the algorithms for LPM for this host, disabling LPM.
[    4.098208@2] usb usb2: New USB device found, idVendor=1d6b, idProduct=0003
[    4.098211@2] usb usb2: New USB device strings: Mfr=3, Product=2, SerialNumber=1
[    4.098213@2] usb usb2: Product: xHCI Host Controller
[    4.098216@2] usb usb2: Manufacturer: Linux 4.9.113 xhci-hcd
[    4.098218@2] usb usb2: SerialNumber: xhci-hcd.0.auto
[    4.098566@3] hub 2-0:1.0: USB hub found
[    4.098584@3] hub 2-0:1.0: 1 port detected
[    4.101721@3] aml_vrtc rtc: setting system clock to 2015-01-01 00:00:10 UTC (1420070410)
[    4.102041@3] dwc_otg: usb0: type: 2 speed: 0, config: 0, dma: 0, id: 0, phy: ffe09000, ctrl: 0
[    4.202637@2] dwc_otg: Core Release: 3.30a
[    4.202642@2] dwc_otg: Setting default values for core params
[    4.202656@2] dwc_otg: curmode: 0, host_only: 0
[    4.214872@2] dwc_otg: Using Buffer DMA mode
[    4.214875@2] dwc_otg: OTG VER PARAM: 1, OTG VER FLAG: 1
[    4.214877@2] dwc_otg: Working on port type = SLAVE
[    4.214882@2] dwc_otg: Dedicated Tx FIFOs mode

The usb2 code is almost the same in the android dtb of the box.
The irblaster, gpio-keypad and remote ist diffrent.
I’ve tryed to fix this in the dts and recompiled it, but do not work.
Could you give me a tip or helping hand? This would be very nice.
Here are the files:
original-dreamtv.dts (83.8 KB) g12a_s905x2_2g_dreamtv.dts (76.6 KB) g12a_s905x2_2g.dts (74.5 KB)

@Betatester I purchased an Asus BT400 from Amazon - it worked correctly out of the box.

Is there a max size for the micro SD card on the A95X-B7N?

Regardless, I can’t get -ng version to be boot on my box; I get the splash screen and then a reboot after a minute (rinse and repeat).

Andrew

Can I get an answer to this please. Vascobraga, I can’t provide those logs without knowing which options to select.

Hi,

I can not install -ng version on Mecool KII Pro.
I get only splash screen Mecool and then black screen. I use dtb file: gxl_p231_2g_dvb
Anybody to help me about install process or proper file?

Could you just follow the instructions in the link I gave and post here the URL you got? Please note that it’s case sensitive

That link only tells you how to upload the logs. It makes no mention of the options you need to enable in order to produce those logs.

If there was just one option, it would have been a no-brainer but there are at least 3.

@AndyInNYC Can you tell me what version of Android is running on that device, because except for a suspend issue, I have the latest nightly -ng running just fine on mine.

Follow the steps to provide the kodi log. Don’t overthink it. After that we’ll see what’s necessary

So, you are saying I do not need to activate any of the logging options. All that’s required is to activate the option to upload the log?

I’m assuming the log you receive will only show whether an event has happened and, as the last time I went through the long process of trying to get it to scan, it eventually did, what if there’s no event?

Let’s do this step by step. You can enable debug logging with no specific component. Try to scan the library and then follow the steps in the link and put the link you receive here. It’s simple.

Ok. I will do that. First I will need to add new content or there won’t be anything to scan. :wink:

Thanks for the clarification.