9.2.6 Discussion

Hello Vasco,

It was set on Start/Stop. Disabling it apparently solves the issue.

To check if this does not add side effects in playing movies, will see that from time to time :slight_smile:

Thanks !

Just to be sure, there are two different options, the adjust display refresh rate should be on start/stop. The Sync playback to display should be disabled.

Correct. 2 of 3 screen are 4K. The older 1080p panel performs as the others. No issues so far playing content, in an array of various compression standards, stored on my NFS or SMB NAS shares.

Hi folks,

I can also confirm I had playback issues after the update. I rolled back to 9.2.5 from within Kodi and all OK again. Sorry - at this time, no logs.

I have two new Odroids N2+ being delivered this week and will try again with fresh builds.

Solo

Will another build update be done before Matrix ? like 9.2.7 or 9.3 soon ?

9.2 is EOL

Just to let you know, 9.2.6 works perfectly on my X88 s922X box. Even CEC seems to work with this version. On 9.2.5 this was only about 20% of the times CEC, the other 80% I needed to change HDMI channel back and forth to get cec running. The last about 8 to 10 (since 9.2.6) times after switching on the box (cec suspend mode) it picks right up and works directly, this never happened before!

Thanks for al your hard work!

So no update before next Matrix ?

That was misunderstood. 9.2 will be oldstable but it will probably get at least one fixup for the known and confirmed issues that are reported with logs. All those people with issue complaining about something but reverting back without logs face the problem that their issues might be unfixed indefinitely in 9.2. 9.2 is EOL so there might be one fixup release but the thing is we are moving towards CE19 Matrix and I will advise everyone to use that.

The only issue is addon support that’s why we decided to make another old stable rls for our Leia builds

1 Like

@mobamoba there will be tomorrow a new nightly. Please check if it is working again for you.
Please also be sure to have the TV in the option Devices to power off during shutdown!

Also why you installed a extra addon for screensaver? Kodi itself does (should) power off the TV on screensaver when the option is enabled. But only if enabled and the TV is selected in the devices to power off list.

On 9.2.6 does not show progress bar and description in pvr archive client. rolled back to 9.2.5, this problem is not there.
http://ix.io/2RkZ
Sorry, log:
http://ix.io/2RnR

Me and my “fleet” of C2’s are really glad to hear this :wink: I heard some grumpy voices from 905X3’s reagarding wanting Matrix at some point, but since they shared DB with C2’s…Shush there! :smile:

If the TV supports “turning off LCD when black”, then I have most success with just “black” screensaver. I have also 24/7 boxes, and with this strategy TV consumption with LCD off (black screensaver) is minimum, and in the same time, when someone returns to TV like after 30-70mins, TV wouldnt must to be switch ON/OFF all the day (there is quite a lot of “visits” to see short show/clip on TV during day).

If not, then I agree, that option turn off TV (manually by remote, or via CE) is second best to do.

Just my 2cents, and one angle of looking to daily things :slight_smile:

Banned addon → no support
ADDON: context.elementum v0.0.4 installed

Try fresh install on separate sd card or usb stick and use default skin.

Because I didn’t realize Kodi had it built-in. It’s confusing because in order to use the CEC screensaver you (as I just discovered) actually have to select “none” as screensaver mode in Settings/Interface which makes it seem like you’re telling Kodi to never turn off the screen at all.

The CEC option is “Put devices in standby mode when activating the screensaver”; thus, my assumption was that I had to select a screensaver in order for CEC turnoff to activate and selecting “none” would disable all screensaving regardless of whether it was initiated by Kodi or by CEC.

Kodi should actually have an option that says “use CEC options to control screensaver” or something so the end user can understand what’s going on because I certainly didn’t until you said something.

a clean install does not solve the problem

Try latest nightly build to check if it solves your issue or not.
If it doesn’t then collect logs again on clean system without banned addons.

on the lates night build fixed this problem

1 Like

Is it possible to update to 9.2.6 and avoid matrix when updating ? And how ?
ThX

Update to 9.2.6, you won’t be forced into Matrix.

1 Like