9.2.6 Discussion

Ok, I could try, but I think the inpustream and frankly all setup is the same on both (except IR wakeup etc. on Amlogic-ng). I take out amlogic-ng from the equation, as I was able to pinpoint change in amlogic, which change behauviour for it.

Will post some logs later.

amlogic-ng
inpustream

<settings version="2">
    <setting id="DECRYPTERPATH" default="true">special://home/cdm</setting>
    <setting id="HDCPOVERRIDE" default="true">false</setting>
    <setting id="IGNOREDISPLAY" default="true">false</setting>
    <setting id="MAXBANDWIDTH" default="true">0</setting>
    <setting id="MAXRESOLUTION" default="true">0</setting>
    <setting id="MAXRESOLUTIONSECURE" default="true">0</setting>
    <setting id="MEDIATYPE" default="true">0</setting>
    <setting id="MINBANDWIDTH" default="true">0</setting>
    <setting id="PRERELEASEFEATURES" default="true">false</setting>
    <setting id="STREAMSELECTION" default="true">0</setting>
    <setting id="WIDEVINE_API" default="true">10</setting>
</settings>

amlogic
inpustream

<settings version="2">
    <setting id="DECRYPTERPATH" default="true">special://home/cdm</setting>
    <setting id="HDCPOVERRIDE" default="true">false</setting>
    <setting id="IGNOREDISPLAY">true</setting>
    <setting id="MAXBANDWIDTH" default="true">0</setting>
    <setting id="MAXRESOLUTION" default="true">0</setting>
    <setting id="MAXRESOLUTIONSECURE" default="true">0</setting>
    <setting id="MEDIATYPE" default="true">0</setting>
    <setting id="MINBANDWIDTH" default="true">0</setting>
    <setting id="PRERELEASEFEATURES" default="true">false</setting>
    <setting id="STREAMSELECTION" default="true">0</setting>
    <setting id="WIDEVINE_API" default="true">10</setting>
</settings>

The addons actually doesnt have any settings in userdata folder

Please enable “Put devices in standby on screensaver on paused video” and try again, thx.

While I don’t have the logs, when I first installed 9.2.6 I actually tried going through that setting and any other CEC setting that looked screensaver related and none of them did anything, i.e. exact same issue.

Also, in a practical sense, I don’t want my device to go into standby (which is what I assume that option means). The way things work in 9.2.5 is my device stays on permanently and the CEC screensaver turns only the display off after a set time and pushing any button on my remote wakes the display back up without the device having to wake up as well.

Try to switch off id=“IGNOREDISPLAY” to have same settings.
If doesn’t help then return back “IGNOREDISPLAY” value and change Stream selection to Manually select video stream and select max resolution on start

The inpustream adaptive settings (both of them) doesnt do any change. I am not sure, that televizeseznam using it anyhow.

Anyway, I noticed that PlayerProgramSelect (Choose program) actually offers stream select (as you propably mentioned earlier). Its named as Choose program, but for these internet streams it works also like switcher. I am using Confluence so I didnt noticed. ¨

I added this option to the Confluence’s OSD, to be able test it without estuary ugliness. I actually can select different stream for televizeseznam addon. But question remains, why new ffmpeg on Amlogic broke automatic choosing highest res for that addon (manual switch is quite irritating, when you are used to previous functionality to be honest).

And, that doesnt solve second issue with aktualne, which doesnt display video with newer ffmpeg @Amlogic at all. :face_with_monocle:

Upload VIM3L logs please… I will try to check difference tomorrow.
For aktualne it also opens stream 0 that don’t have video data…
So issue is it tries to open first stream… but very strange that only on Amlogic… it looks like some config setting selected or not selected

Yes, that would make sense, so symptoms for viewer are different, but same root cause. Although I cant choose stream in case of aktualne, at least confluence UI doesnt thinks its video at all, so dont give me option Choose Program as I have conditioned it with Player.HasPrograms.

Vim3L, exact stream as from my first post with logs: https://paste.kodi.tv/cegizirugo.kodi

Could you also try clean install to exclude some config settings?

Here is totally clean image, with only that one video addon installed. No settings was touched except enabling debug. Same (wrong) behauviour :frowning:

clean 9.2.6 Amlogic

1 Like

It’s a known issue which was confirmed several times. We are looking into fixing this for CE19 first stable.

Is 9.2.6 Kodi Matrix ? I hope no because matrix give me many trouble with my addon …

No, 9.2.6 is based on Leia.

Just upgraded my Minix NEO U1 (Amlogic.arm) with CoreELEC 9.2.6 and interestingly enough, I now seem to have a similar issue I was bringing up on the Kodi forums with an Android distribution: video (and thus the whole device) gets stuck after a video stream is stopped. This is very strange, does anyone have suggestions on debugging this?
Edit: Downgrade to 9.2.5 helped here.

JimmyS, can you try this image with one Kodi patch provided by cdu13a: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PuVsTOQs6Tn1Qf0XSxtniuUheYr9-3Vp/view?usp=sharing

I recently pushed some fixes for kodi (thanks to boot2k3 for pointing out one of the missing patches) that should help with your streaming addon problems. They will be in the next nightly amlogic builds.

In the meantime if you can try the build posted by vpeter, and give feedback that would be great. It contains one of the two patches that were missing for kodi on the amlogic builds.

The developers unfortunately can’t test everything todo with streaming since many streams are geo blocked to specific areas or require accounts. So this is one area that we are dependent on some user feedback on.

Update on Odroid-N2 : major impact, rollback required

Dears,

Feb 27th, my CoreElec Odroid-N2 device asked me to restart to update.

Since it has been done (I checked boot files, matching), playing videos, any, is no longer possible.
Old MP4 are not smooth, other formats (1080p and above, mkv or whatever) are no longer playing, freezing a few seconds after start.

Some infos : I am with a 4K screen, data comes from a SMB server.

Please advise if repair will arrive soon or if I must rollback.

Thanks

same for me

Is your screen in 4K ?

Please check if you have sync playback to display enabled and disable it.