Amlogic-ne, New Era

@Secam7 I did reboot your device but it’s not coming online again.
Please check it. And on first look I have seen eth is not working. Or did you not connect it?
Please do so as the terminal share is much more stable than over WiFi.

@Secam7 I don’t much error in your dmesg.
But you have enable the 4:4:4 colour subsampling in display expert settings.
Set this to auto reboot and try again.
4k@50/60Hz should use 4:2:0!

“Force color subsampling” is set to auto.
I have never changed this parameter.

Always after reboot the p2p0 interface is active, not wlan0.
Can it be changed, block p2p0?
Now I have configured the connection to p2p0 and after reboot the connection is set up automatically.

No, it’s the cheap WiFi SoC & driver assembled.

I have no idea why it does not work on your device. And without in touch with such hardware we will not be able to solve. So will need to wait and hope someday we get such hardware to be able for debugging.

Overall I am happy with this box.
I just have a request as below:

Is there a new command for “kill” with the -ne build? I ask this because a friend of mine has some time ago written an addon which in the final lines of code runs the kill command which in -ng MAtrix and Nexus simply carries out a fast soft reboot to enable changes that were made in running his addon. Now, and only with -ne, this does a complete reset, wiping all the user addons and settings and then reboots into a virgin -ne and surprsingly with a Red background wallpaper rather than the current default blue/green colour ??

Now with -ne I have had tro remove the final kill command line in the code and leave it for a manual reboot to be executed. So any help most appreciated so the code can be corrected to work with -ne

Sounds like a kernel oops:
https://wiki.coreelec.org/coreelec:debuglogs#ramoops_panic_logger

Without more log and information and code snippet we can’t help much.

i have this box s905w2
x98plus
i also need dtb for it i tried to take from android but i got a bigger file 256k , my display doesnt work and Bluetooth doesnt start. this is my dtb.img.gz i used the command dd if=/dev/dtb | gzip > /storage/downloads/dtb.img.gz from coreelec

Try with this DTB when you have 2GB RAM:

BT does not work as we have no driver for it.

EDIT: here the current test versions:
s4_s905w2_2g.dtb (63.9 KB)
s4_s905w2_4g.dtb (63.9 KB)

My box works fine with this s4_905w2_2g.dtb file.
It could be added to the night build.
The file from the box above is slightly different.
I attach the file for the 2G version:
s4-s905w2-ap201-2g.dtb (70.1 KB)

the new s4_s905w2_4g.dtb works ok with bt but vfd still disabled vfd paste

I think @TheCoolest can help you with VFD.

is any box S905W2 + 1000M ?

Hi Portisch Here below are the last few lines of the python code where the big reset and wipe occurs that I mentioned above. Sorry it was not as I said the “kill” command but the “exit” command which “kill” had previously defined. So it was the exit command that gives a rapid soft reboot in -ng but causes the total wipe and reset in -ne. My question is has the command for exit function been changed with the -ne latest linux core? Removing the final “kill” i.e. exit command does not cause this big wipe and reset error but leaves it ready for a user manual reboot. So fixes the reset problem okay but is not ideal as I want the code to auto soft reboot as it does in -ng.

Many thanks for any help with this Portisch so here is the final lines of the error causing code.

def kill():
		os._exit(1)

def reboot():
		time.sleep(1)
		xbmc.executebuiltin("ActivateWindow(10025,plugin://script.module.XXXXXscrapers/?
action=syncMyAccount)")
		time.sleep(5)
		dialog = xbmcgui.Dialog()
		dialog.notification('SYNC', 'Box will now reboot.', xbmcgui.NOTIFICATION_INFO, 10000,sound=True)
		time.sleep(5)
		kill()

if __name__ == "__main__":
	main()

Use buildin Reboot command instead of exit which only terminates the Kodi.

xbmc.executebuiltin('XBMC.Reboot()')

Thanks vpeter for your always great help. The reason we used the exit command was because it gave a much faster soft reboot that did the job. This will be a work around and go back to the slow normal reboot procedss we used initially. So I wonder why exit causes this wipe and reset ??

When you just reboot without exit Kodi it’s possible of loose settings as Kodi keep the files open.
So the correct way is to stop Kodi and then perform the reboot.

I assume in this case Kodi was not even stopped correctly because it always need some time. Maybe it worked before but now it doesn’t :slight_smile:

Okay now got the addon working with a normal reboot command as discussed above and is the correct way to safely reboot. Many thanks vpeter and Portisch for the help and clarification.

Was so weird and surprising with the exit command resulting in a complete wipe, reset and then a Red virgin homescreen but only from an -ne system not -ng??

You were just lucky not loosing all data before…

1 Like