Amlogic-ne, New Era

Do I understand correctly that BT works on your box?

Hmmmmmm

Have seen the Red Virgin screen also

Kodi starting in Safe Mode

Hard boot solved it for me.

Happy Testing

Yes indeed but I am disciplined enough to take regular backups anyway. Thanks Portisch for all your help past and present.

On older kernels, if you rebooted the tvbox with the tv screen off, kodi would start up just fine. In this new kernel, if the screen is not on it doesn’t start kodi. Can this be fixed somehow?

Not yet, the kernel need to read the EDID from TV.
Maybe one day it’s possible to use a user EDID, not sure.

1 Like

Hello ,I have tried to connect a PS4 bluetooth controler for use as remote… , bluetooth connection ok but it not work (work with ce Matrix,Kodi/standard contrôler ) , impossible to setup the controler in controler settings …
Box : Beelink GT king 2

Hi,

I started my device without hdmi and now I try to connect I have a black screen. Before everything was ok.
When I start on Android, I have no problem. I can connect by ssh.

CoreELEC (official): 20.0-Nexus (Amlogic-ne.arm)
Machine model: Amlogic
CoreELEC dt-id: sc2_s905x4_4g

ix.io/4n6a

Thanks for the latest nightly build! I don’t need to change dtb.img anymore. :slight_smile:

With today’s update, there is freezing in live TV streams.Memory and processor usage rate is changing rapidly…Bumper occurs from time to time.
http://ix.io/4n8d

There are some tests about playback improvement ongoing, so it might improve but maybe trigger other issues to:

1 Like

Secam7, BT does not work on my Tanix X4 box with -ng or -ne but this is because there are no BT drivers available for this box I understand. My uGoosX4 and Tanix TX5 Deluxe (S905X3) and a freinds Beelink GT King all do have BT working fine but they are all running Nexus -ng. I did try -ne on the uGoos X4 and I am sure from my memory that BT was working fine. For me I reallynever use BTG on these streaming boxes as if on rare occasions I want to use BT headphones with my streaming box I can do so from my TV or AVR of course but prefer the better audio quality of using a wired connection to my AVR headphone jack.

Anyhow I think I am going to update this uGoos X4 box (my main daily used box) to -ne now I have fixed a probelm I had only in -ne with an exit command in a home made addon a friend compiled for which I have now replaced the exit command for a standard reboot command and all is well just now a slow but safe standard reboot. That was thanks to vpeter and Portisch for their help.

Hello , bluetooth work also with ne…(i use Beelink GT king 2) but it not work the same as with Android…(i not understand why) , we are now on bluetooth 5.2…ore higher , with ce it looks like bluetooth just work 5 Meters around the box ,after this you loose signal …with same box on Android i can go in every room in the appartement without loosing connection …normaly with higher bluetooth norme it work better ,but this not change in ce …so if you have bluetooth 4.0 or 5.2 for example ,with ce this change nothing,5meters around the box …finish .
So using a bluetooth headphone is not possible if you go out from the rom where you have the box …

yes, I have been observing this problem for a long time also on CE 19.5.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Looking for users with no working WiFi or BT

A post was merged into an existing topic: Bl301 injection, problems, help,

Hello, Update 20230211.:wink: ,Where Can i see what have been changing ?

In the changelog.txt

https://relkai.coreelec.org/Amlogic-ne/ce-20/changelog-20230211.txt

1 Like

I provide some information in case it is useful. The 02/16 version increases the temperature by 8 degrees from the 02/15 on my Tanix s905w2.

I get hk1 rbox x4 with realtek. I wanna try NE but i see some performance problem in menu sometimes menu lag, and remote input too. On idle i see in top the system have high cpu load, something 2-3. On NG version its much better ~0.5. On my old x96max with s905x2 i have 0.1-0.2.