Amlogic-ne, New Era

Just my luck. My Odroid N2 stopped working last week. I was messing about with the cabling and the HDMI port is not sending a signal anymore. After the usual checks and panic, I ordered the N2+. Then thought I’d better got the CoreElec site and check out if any changes needed over the previous N2 build.

Came across this - EOL :frowning:

Is ok, the Odroid N2 (+) great little boxed and will carry me through for a couple of years but question is, how do the new Amlogic cpu’s compare with the 922 used by Odroid? The 922 based box has just handled everything thrown at it including the Titan Mod skin, Venom/Umbrella etc.

Thanks

Not EOL, EOSD. There’s a difference.
Although now i would look for something else if mine were to break…

Tonight’s update was bad. Its crashing after the manufacture’s logo. This is for GT King II.

Doing the pin hole hardware reset isn’t working and I have like 3 seconds of SSH time before it crashes and reboots again. Tried killing the processes and removing the update folder. Today’s update is no longer there and my ssh shows its today’s update.

systemctl stop kodi

This seems to stop the crashing. So I still have access to box through SSH. When I find any new solutions; I’ll come back to update.

Looks like something was missed from a previous update:
Updating from 20.1-Nexus_nightly_20230219 to 20.1-Nexus_nightly_20230221

so my solve was:

cd /storage/.update

wget https://github.com/CoreELEC/CoreELEC/releases/download/20.0-Nexus/CoreELEC-Amlogic-ne.arm-20.0-Nexus.tar

reboot update

I’m no longer using a nightly build and all my configurations are current and working.

So it looks like Kodi is crashing but without any log it’s not possible to be solved.

Confirmed latest nightly causes a bootloop on Beelink GT-king 2

Here’s a logfile:
http://ix.io/4oOy

1 Like

The latest nightly 2023-02-21 also boot looped my GT King 2. I used Prada’s solution to recover.

Here is the Kodi crash log if this is of any help:
https://paste.kodi.tv/tehuradupi.kodi

1 Like

All with this issue please try to remove resolution.ini on COREELEC partition, maybe this fix the boot loop.

GT King II update is running smoothly.
I also made a clean installation and it worked smoothly

GT King II crash with nightly is solved and it should work with 20230224 again.

1 Like

Vontar X4 is running smoothly (also no more USB 3.0 disconnect/reconnects).

Everything smooth for you DD? No more video stuttering after pause>resume?

I have 2 GT King II device, one is working well and the other becomes crash.I use 21-02-2023 software.
What could be the difference between them?
The only difference between them is the Android OS difference.One of them is 003RO and the other beta test software.Operating System Beta Test software device works well

Yes, it was caused by the bootloader what do set kernel cmdline parameter.

1 Like

Yeah, now I tested…I installed 003RO software on the working device and CE 21-02-2023 did not work.
I will return to this (gtkinkıı_beelink002r0_bata.img) software.

Regarding the “video stuttering after pause>resume”;
Had the same issue, but it appears to occur less, but will need to do some more testing…

1 Like

Comrades, can you tell me, in coreelec-ne available dualboot now or only single os?

Dual boot will not be able as the new systems do use such super partition. This include multiple partitions in one partition and the data just can not be easy accessed. Most time you will need a password as well, to decrypt the data partition on the fly, what we don’t have.

got the same problem, but also audio get’s out of sync sometimes after resuming the video. will try to get a log next time it happens

I come back for my problems: I just change my TV and now I cannot boot on my device, how I can fix my problem?

Try latest nightly to check if there is some progress in solving this audio sync issue after pause/resume.