Amlogic-no Discussion

Image was burned with BalenaEtcher

Try 32gb card. Maybe 64gb isn’t yet working in Amlogic-no

Thank you Portisch!

The latest nightly fixed the video playback issues I was having on my VIM1S.

same result. Sometimes it boots, sometimes not

If there is anything plugged into the USB ports of the device, remove them

I tried running no on this box:

Unfortunately, it does not start, it hangs on the logo screen.

It’s a cheap chinese box with a s905w2 processor.

5580 has the same sat and terrestrial tuners and demod as 5520SE which is already supported in CE 5.4 kernel, so it is quite trivial to add support for 5580.

Does this mean it will be in the next nightly of CE-no? If yes, how can I add the firmware.
Thank you so much, @smp . This will help me in debugging softhdodroid for VDR in chroot without setting up minisatip.

I don’t know when this will be merged.
The firmware is already present in the image, from dvb-firmware package.

Thank you for letting me know, @smp . Maybe @Portisch can merge it for one of the next nightlies.

I have the same problem with CE-no on my Radxa2 as @DocStrange. Very often, KODI CE-no does not start, tries to restart several time and starts in safe mode finally.
Up to now there are no add-ons installed.

Log file is attached.

kodi.log (46.4 KB)

Kernel output is:
kernel_out.txt (22.5 KB)

Kodi also says it will save a crashlog under a certain name, however, only above Kodi.log is available. Hope this helps.

I uploaded a new nightly of Amlogic-no.
Some errors reported here are fixed:

• bump linux to rtl8189fs
  • adjust linux config for rtl8189fs
1 Like

you should have shared /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi_crashlog_20231223132242.log

I know, @Portisch. However, as I wrote this file does not exist.
There is only Kodi.log. For this reason I also attached journalctl -f.

@Portisch: Seems like boot into safe mode deletes crashlog files. I could save one while Kodi restarted several times:

kodi_crashlog_20231223151339.log (25.6 KB)

Edit: booting into safe mode also deletes .cache/cores/*
Edit 2: Behavior is as follows: During my boot Kodi is disabled (systemctl mask kodi). I work in my chroot and try to start Kodi as follows: systemctl unmask kodi and systemctl start kodi. Kodi crashes many times, crash log files are generated until CE reboots in safe mode (this deletes crash logs an .cache/cores).

I test coreelec no with a N2+ it works but the sundtek usb tuner dont work whith tvheadend
I also test it with a X4 Box and coreelec ne its the same:
error in tvheadend :

linuxdvb: Sundtek DVB-S/S2 (VIII) #0 : DVB-S #0 - FE_READ_STATUS error Broken pipe

Hey, guys! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I express my great gratitude for your great work and I want to share the experiments from my box x96x plus2, Amlogic 905x3. The Internet is working, the remote control is working, openvfd is not working, Plexcodiconnect also does not work for some reason, although it works without problems on 21ng builds

https://paste.coreelec.org/VgbzJU

I tried CE-NO on X96Max+ but i get a bootloop before coreelec bootlogo can appear. Are you booting from usb3 port, usb2 port or sd-card slot? Used the same dtb file you have used.

Try it with a toothpick or from Android via the ‘reboot update’ terminal

Hello,

My dear friend @portisch; First of all, thank you very much for the NO project. This is a very important work.

But it is also very important for me to use TBS USB Tuners, otherwise it would mean that we will not be able to use these devices, which I do not even want to think about.

Therefore, I request you, the CoreELEC Team, to solve this problem.
Please dear CE Team or management.

Kind regards…