Amlogic-no Discussion

@Portisch: Seems like boot into safe mode deletes crashlog files. I could save one while Kodi restarted several times:

kodi_crashlog_20231223151339.log (25.6 KB)

Edit: booting into safe mode also deletes .cache/cores/*
Edit 2: Behavior is as follows: During my boot Kodi is disabled (systemctl mask kodi). I work in my chroot and try to start Kodi as follows: systemctl unmask kodi and systemctl start kodi. Kodi crashes many times, crash log files are generated until CE reboots in safe mode (this deletes crash logs an .cache/cores).

I test coreelec no with a N2+ it works but the sundtek usb tuner dont work whith tvheadend
I also test it with a X4 Box and coreelec ne its the same:
error in tvheadend :

linuxdvb: Sundtek DVB-S/S2 (VIII) #0 : DVB-S #0 - FE_READ_STATUS error Broken pipe

Hey, guys! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I express my great gratitude for your great work and I want to share the experiments from my box x96x plus2, Amlogic 905x3. The Internet is working, the remote control is working, openvfd is not working, Plexcodiconnect also does not work for some reason, although it works without problems on 21ng builds

https://paste.coreelec.org/VgbzJU

I tried CE-NO on X96Max+ but i get a bootloop before coreelec bootlogo can appear. Are you booting from usb3 port, usb2 port or sd-card slot? Used the same dtb file you have used.

Try it with a toothpick or from Android via the ā€˜reboot updateā€™ terminal

Hello,

My dear friend @portisch; First of all, thank you very much for the NO project. This is a very important work.

But it is also very important for me to use TBS USB Tuners, otherwise it would mean that we will not be able to use these devices, which I do not even want to think about.

Therefore, I request you, the CoreELEC Team, to solve this problem.
Please dear CE Team or management.

Kind regardsā€¦

This is great, thank you @Portisch for this holiday gift! Using NO on an Odroid N2+ for the last few days without issue. In fact, HEVC seeking is rock solid, which wasnā€™t the case for Nexus on NG.

One small issue, the EDID override via the disp_cap file in /storage/.kodi/userdata doesnā€™t seem to be working. I have been using this to add a 25hz and 50hz 1080p mode, which my TV evidently supports but does not report. It this a bug or expected in NO? If the latter, is there any workaround?

Hello Everyone,

I have a 4GB N2 with CE Nexus installed on an eMMC and wanted to try NO. So installed the latest nightly on a 16GB SD Card. It will not boot.

Gets to the Hardkernel Logo and just reboots.

Should what Iā€™m doing work or are there special instructions I should follow?

TIA

I had a similar question, if ng is installed on emmc whats the best way of upgrading?

Yes and no

This will not work as if a emmc is installed it uses this bootloader and not the one on uSD.

@Portisch - Thanks for your reply.

Does this mean with NO installed on eMMC I will not be able to boot test versions by just plugging in a uSD? Because this is what I have been doing in the past with CE 20.

Hi guys! If you have CE on emmc, then to download NO from uSD, you just need to boot with a toothpick or with the power button pressed or from the terminal in android ā€˜reboot updateā€™

If device already boots CE then there is no special things needed. Just USB/SD.

I think people are asking, ā€œHow about having a ce arm on board without changing anything to try aarch64?ā€

@Portisch: Merry X-mas to the whole team. I just wanted to thank you for adding TBS5580.
This will ease my testing a lot.
Rudi

TBS5880
TBS5990
Pleaseā€¦

@Portisch , i have problem with this nightly. Completely New install on Khadas Vim4 + SanDisk SD Card 64GB.

Image CoreELEC-Amlogic-no.aarch64-21.0-Omega_nightly_20231223-Khadas_VIM4 is written to SD Card with Etcher.

After splash screen, setup is stuck in resizing file system for hourā€™sā€¦ I have tried this a few times, with manual placing correct dtb in the root directory or leave it to the scriptā€™s logic - no difference.

fs-resize.log
/dev/mmcblk1p2 /storage ext4 rw,noatime 0 0
DISK: /dev/mmcblk1 PART: /dev/mmcblk1p2

Either remove eMMC when you want to boot uSD card version or use MultyBoot (SPI swittch in SPI position) with new Petitboot version. See post #86

Hi @smp, TBS has a driver update dated August (V20230829) 2023 The previous version was December 2022.
Do existing drivers on CE apply to TBS5530?We want to buy TBS5530 for a friend if it is suitable.
Thank you for your reply.
Regardsā€¦