Amlogic-no Discussion

Will there be dolby vision in the future for the N2 with coreelec NO?

...if possible...

1 Like

GT-King s922x - last night version. Installation on emc - OK, restoring the copy from ng - OK - only the binary plugins had to be reinstalled. Great work!

Butā€¦ hyperion not works with Netflix Addon. On last nightly-ng version everything was ok.
On the hyperion website, there is no preview in the capture preview window when using the Netflix plug-in. When I use pvr or other add-ons everything works. On Disney+ later and on Amazon Prime - everything works.

S905X2 Generic 4G/1G HDMI dies after it seems to boot. Resize and splash ran no problem, but I canā€™t get the display to come back to configure the networkā€¦

Edit: pulled the dtb.img from /dev/dtb (256kb) and that resulted in a box hang. Itā€™s the X96 Max 4G 64G.

First of all thanks for this !
Does this have HD audio fixed in A311D2?
Or state-of-art is still the same ?

@Portisch
You need any debug - in kodi.log there is nothing? - last year you figured out hyperion and freezes on s922x at this time, so it will probably work this time :slight_smile: Remember? Hyperion.NG, Amlogic improvements - #363 by tomasiek - itā€™s starting to become a tradition - like in Die Hard

I have trouble finding the right libMali for usage with vdr in Ubuntu-chroot. My idea was that now that amlogic-no is aarch64 I can use the lib from CE.
/usr/lib/libMali.so is a symlink to /var/lib/libMali.so which is a symlink to /usr/lib/libMali.dvalin.g12a.so

At this point I a wondering. My Tabix TX3 is a S905X3/SM1 device. Is G12A right?
libmali-overlay-setup says

if grep -qE "sc2|s4" /proc/device-tree/compatible; then
    ln -sf /usr/lib/libMali.dvalin.so /var/lib/libMali.so
elif grep -q "t7" /proc/device-tree/compatible; then
    ln -sf /usr/lib/libMali.gondul.so /var/lib/libMali.so
elif grep -q "g12b" /proc/device-tree/compatible; then
    ln -sf /usr/lib/libMali.gondul.g12b.so /var/lib/libMali.so
elif grep -q "g12a" /proc/device-tree/compatible; then
    ln -sf /usr/lib/libMali.dvalin.g12a.so /var/lib/libMali.so
fi

There is no condition for SM1. On the other hand, cat /proc/device-tree/compatible gives amlogic, g12a

What has changed from kernel 4.9 to 5.15? It seems no longer be possible to change resolution by writing to /sys/class/display/mode

When I build my vdr application in chroot against libMali.dvalin.g12a.so I get the log flooded with

amstream_do_ioctl error :fffffffffffffdfd, c02053c3

Is there any place where I could find the kernel sources of the amlogic vendor kernel 5.15.78?

This display mode is dropped since 5.4 already.
You need to use DRM interface. Look at our Kodi branches for 5.4.

Hi @Vasco, With a 64 GB SD card, I found the reason for not preloading.Unplugging the cooling fan cable connected to the USB port of the device fixed the problem.
Not: With a 32 GB SD card this problem does not occur.
With a 64 GB SD card, this problem did not occur in previous versions
Device GT King II A311D2

I uploaded a new nightly of Amlogic-no.
Some errors reported here are fixed:

• g12b (t7) PCM
  • t7 CEC
  • N2 2G-4G issue

For all N2 users already have a Amlogic-no install:
Update with the new nightly and manual replace dtb.img on COREELEC partition.
Or better make a fresh install from new nigthly image!

1 Like

Installed no, previously had ne
Beelink gt-king2

NFS seems not to work, have to use samba with QNAP nas.
Also mac-address fetching to wake up nas failed, could be related to NFS problem.
Movie library scan finds nothing, lasts only a fraction of seconds, only blu-rays there.

Kodi and addons are 100% equal to Amlogic-ne.

1 Like

First of all, thank you very much, CEC works but only bluetooth in audio output options.
I manually modified the dtb.img file.
Device GT King ıı A311D2

Khadas VIM1S:

No video just black screen while trying to play live TV.

https://paste.coreelec.org/B90rWh

Connecting to the saundbar via Bluetooth but no sound
There is also no direct audio switching option in the settings

BT is a default entry. When everything else is missing itā€™s something wrong in DT.

1 Like

the problem is in the dtb file. the sound works with the previous dtb file.
currently working CEC and sound with previous dtb file

Is it also broken now with Amlogic-ne CE-21?
Itā€™s same change in DT. But maybe in the kernel config must be some fixed too.

I havenā€™t tested it with what. Iā€™ll test it a little later

Everything works on Amlogic-ne CE-21
Device GT King ıı A311D2