Amlogic S905X2

CE still working OK on my H96 Max s905x2 with 8 nightly updates. Up to 2019806 now…
The team fixed the wifi issues reported a few days ago.
)H96 Max S905X2 working Coreelec

Just tried the latest Nightly release on my Mecool KM9 Pro (2+16G) with 2.4 Ghz WiFi and 100 Mbps Ethernet. Performance is good (I used a USB SSD as boot device). However, the WiFi Chip is not detected.

@leptdre
Which DTB file did you use?
Is your display working?
Thanks.

I also owned MeCOOL KM9 Pro (2+16G) and tested the latest build CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.1-nightly_20190808.tar, using g12a_s905x2_2g.dtb (tried g12a_s905x2_2g_1gbit.dtb but ethernet doesn’t work). Result is the same as @leptdre, there is no WiFi connections listed under ‘Connections’ tag. WiFi chipset of the TV box is AP6236.

@leptdre @wkchick
We don’t have drivers for the AP6236 in our repo just yet.
I see that they are available, so I think it shouldn’t be much of a problem to add them, but @anon88919003 knows about this more than me.

@leptdre @wkchick
Here’s a build that should have AP6236 support. Please give it a shot and report back whether it works or not.
link removed

Bingo, I just tested, WiFi is working. I’m not sure that the AP6236 works with both 2.4 and 5GHz band but at least I can now connected through 2.4GHz band to the router and get two IP address (I kept wire Ethernet active).

Thanks so much.

Edit: I just checked, Bluetooth on the MeCOOL KM9Pro is working as well!

1 Like

At mine KM9 PRO 4GB RAM still no WiFi and BT with that build.

g12a_s905x2_2g.dtb

I will test it om my mecool Km9 Pro 2+16G. BRB

Great, thanks.
According to this page, the AP6236 is 2.4GHz only, so it looks like it’s working correctly.

I don’t know. We have an AP6335 firmware already, but I don’t know whether it’s compatible with the “IT6335” chipset you have in your box. It’s likely not. From the limited results I could find on Google, this chipset will not work without the appropriate drivers/firmware. And I can’t find anything about this chip.

Sorry, my bad. I have Mecool KM9 and KM9 PRO, KM9 have a AP6255 chipset and Wifi and BT are working. In KM9 PRO IT6335 chipset not working.

It woorks , bluetooth also works !! please merge these changes !!!

Done. It should be available in tonight’s build.

BTW, I am new to Coreelec and I have a small question. Where are the WiFi settings stored ? (config files path). I am used mostly to Ubuntu, Android and OpenWRT

an “lspci” and “lsusb” would be helpful to fine hardware IDs. The chip would mostly work with a bcm driver. I will do some research.

Team, WiFi now works with 5GHz!, Ethernet is slow, I don’t know how to check if I’m connected at 1Gbps instead of 100 Mbps, can we see this in KODI?
Another thing… How can I turn on my device with the remote control IR? I can turn it off but not on. Thanks!

The wake up will be fixed when I add the g12a CPU support: CoreELEC BL301 Wake-Up feature [inject_bl301]
I guess next week…

1 Like

Check this out:-

1 Like