Amlogic S905X2

The adapter is limited to USB 2.0 speed on my computer as well, so it’s not the box.
And a USB 3.0 SD card reader works fine and gets close to 80MB/s reads.

Then I suggest get another adapter (like the Hub one). It is really fast and gives you 3 additional USB 3.0 ports. My SSD is actuallu plugged into one of those ports and the box is able to use it as a boot device.

I updated the link for the second adapter I have.

Thanks. I’ll keep this in mind if I ever need one again.
Basically USB2.0 speeds are plenty for my needs, so it’s not really a problem.

Ok, any update regarding the HW decoder ???

To all users what where applying the bl301 bootloader blob injection:
Please make again with the last nightly (0814) again a injection by running the tool inject_bl301 to enable auto update of the bl301 blob.

More information:
https://discourse.coreelec.org/t/coreelec-bl301-wake-up-feature-inject-bl301

Hi,

Thanks for the hard work that is being done.
I don’t know if this is the right thread, if not I am sorry.
I now have a x96 max s905x2, but I can not get the right aspect ratio with 1080p hevc files that are 1920808 pixels. I tested the same file in x264 and then it displays the correct aspect ratio.
With 1080p hevc 1920
808 pixels 24hz display, when I choose original aspect ratio in video settings it is more like a square, if I choose normal it’s stretched to a 16:9 aspect ratio with no black bars. If I then apply a pixel ratio of 1.30 the aspect ratio is correct, but the right and left sides have something weird going on like a fish eye effect, and it is distracting while watching.
Can anybody confirm this problem? 1080p hevc 1920*1080 pixels watches fine in the correct aspect ratio

Thanks anyway

I would still like to add I now tried to play 1080p hevc 1920x816 pixels if i just boot up the x96 max s905x2 in android mode. In the VLC media player I also can’t get the correct aspect ratio. Best Fit is just stretched out 16:9. Original aspect ratio is a square. So in VLC it is even impossible to get the correct aspect ratio. It has the exact same problems as the coreelec system. So what does that say? is it a s905x2 problem. All I know is that the chromecast ultra displays the correct wide screen aspect ratio right away, and doesn’t give the fish eye effect on the left and right sides. Greetings

I think that 816 height might be out of spec. Most files I’ve seen have 804 height.
Anyway we’ll need a sample to see if we can reproduce it on our systems.

This is not the issue in CE or VLC. The issue is in your hevc file, especially in meta data are missing aspect ratio values. In this case the video is scaled to cover whole screen. The hevc issue for non-standard AR is only in old 3.14 kernel, where decoder is unable provide AR info and kodi is using bitstream converter to retrieve AR. But there is bitstream converter implemented only for mpeg2 and h264.
You can verify hevc behavior by switching off hw decoding to use sw decoding (ffmpeg). ffmpeg is commonly used by kodi for sw decoding in all platform and AR is correctly implemented.

Oh my ,
I am very sorry, I played around some more with hardware decoding and software decoding, and then decided to cast the file from my laptop. It suddenly displayed correctly. The problem in the end is that I convert files on my phone with video converter on Android. I copy the video stream and convert aac5.1 audio to ac3 audio so that my receiver can handle the audio stream with spdif audio passthrough. Unfortunately it messes up the aspect ratio.
I will now let coreelec transform audio on the fly. It seems to work well. The aspect ratio is fine now. It must be remuxing from .mkv to .mp4 .
Thanks and sorry again

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Bl301 injection, problems, help,

Good day for all!
I have the Ugoos X2 which is run pretty good on NG-release (thanks for the developer’s amazing work!) with g12a_s905x2_2g_1gbit dtb file. WiFi, Ethernet, Bluetooth work just fine, but i can’t use Hyperion anymore, because there is no amvideocap0 device. As @Portisch pointed, it might be a problem with the dtb, so could i ask @anon88919003 to check this if possible? Thank you!

This will be fixed in the next nightly build.

1 Like

Hi All
Today I’m flasehed this firmware on my X96 Max 4/32
And after this i can’t to use CE. NOT BOOTING ANY NIGHT BUILD N2 18/07-23/08
What interesting LE correctly booting, but CE no, and after downgrade to any older FW too
WTF? I wanna be with CE(((

Try the next nightly, @Portisch committed a change that should fix this problem.
In worst case, flash an original/older firmware.

1 Like

I downgraded some old FW but CE dont boot
OK I will wait new nyghtly for try it…

Did you try to do it while pressing the reset button?
Are there any errors on the screen?
I think that any further assistance might require UART logs.
But perhaps someone else on the team will have an idea why it’s not booting.

Did you try this cfgload from here on your CE SD card?

I will try this evening a new cfgload script for this problem. You have to take your SD/USB with CE on it to the PC and search for the file cfgload on the COREELEC partition. Please try to find this file.