Amlogic S905X3, S905Y3, S905D3 thread

Mine is a Bqeel Y8 MAX

Device id from Bqeel Y8 PRO:
sm1_ac213_4g

@Rootz / @NicCo

Got the recent nightly working fine on my X96 Max Plus (4/32 Gb. - 1Gbit LAN)
Only the 3,5mm audio output doesn’t giving sound, but don’t know if this is a CE or hardware issue…

1 Like

I have a A95F X3 and CoreElec runs great on it, only things that are not working are:

Wifi/BT: Seems to use a component (mtk7668) that doesn’t have any open source firmware.

Then I tried usb wifi dongle, I don’t know if this is CE related, but when I insert a Wi-Fi dongle on it then the screen starts to flick like some interference was happening (doesn’t happen in android rom).

Best

1 Like

Bqeel Y8 MAX

sm1_s905x3_u214

Obviously I don’t think it’s currently compatible with CoreELEC.

Does anyone have a firmware ROM for the x96 air. Seems all the ones out in the wild have been substituted with virus loaded programs.

Shoog

There is firmware on the geek buying website here : http://blog.geekbuying.com/2020/01/x96-air-amlogic-s905x3-8k-video-decode-android-9-0-tv-box-4gb-32gb-and-4gb-63gb-firmware-updated-20191220/

Don’t know if it will work, because I don’t have the box.

This thread might be of interest.

The latest nightbuild that I am testing works on “Bqeel Y8 MAX”, unfortunately the remote control does not work by default, it must be configured.
This is an example that I made working, to be improved for sure.

bqeel_y8_max (546 Bytes)

1 Like

Hi there. New to Coreelec - have some programming experience here and there.

Can someone please confirm if I can use the latest stable image for a A95X F3 air box?
The seller in Taobao claims it’s a Amlogic S905x3 device with 2 or 4GB of DDR3 Ram and 16/32/64GB of E-MMC.

CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2.1-Generic.img

Link from seller here

I’m looking to use this box as the base to develop my own flavour of Kodi with specific content online.

You can use it but only you will know if it works when you get it.
Lucky Dip with the Chinese Hardware.

I’m happy for you.

1 Like

Doesn’t work with stable, only nightlies right now.

This is my personal report, if it can be useful, with the last nightbuild installed on a “Tictid TX6 Plus”, identical to the HK1 X3, the hardware is the same, only the customization of Android 9 changes, there are many clones with different brands but the same hardware.
All this tvboxes are compatible with the device “sm1_s905x3_4g_1gbit.dtb”.
All work fine, except the bluetooth that doesn’t work, the driver in CoreELE is missing?
I also noticed that at reboot the remote works well, it is very reactive, after a few minutes a rather boring lag takes over.
About bluetooth:

● rtl8822b_bt-firmware.service - Attach /dev/ttyS1 to BlueZ stack
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/rtl8822b_bt-firmware.service; static; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: inactive (dead)

1 Like

which version install to amlogic S905x3 ?
CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-9.2-nightly_20200112-Generic.img.gz
CoreELEC-Amlogic.arm-9.2-nightly_20200112-Generic.img.gz
Thank you for answers :slight_smile:

For the S905x3 devices you want to use the Amlogic-ng builds. So option 1.

1 Like

i put option one using rufus on USB(micro SD also), s905x3 dtb copy to root folder and rename to dtb.img…And nothing while starting device Vontar X3 just android :confused:

So it boots to Android whilst PRESSING RESET switch ??

1 Like

i dont know where is reset on the machine but it go with terminal and type reboot update :slight_smile: Thank you

Hello:

I’m using: CoreELEC nightly_20200112 (Amlogic-ng.arm) for my TV-Box: X96 Max+ (S905X3) and it seems that Bluetooth (BT) is not working at all.

Report accesing via SSH with Putty:

"
CoreELEC (official): nightly_20200112 (Amlogic-ng.arm)
CoreELEC:~ # systemctl start bluetooth
CoreELEC:~ # bluetoothctl
Agent registered
[bluetooth]# default-agent
Default agent request successful
[bluetooth]# power on
No default controller available
[bluetooth]#

"

"
CoreELEC (official): nightly_20200112 (Amlogic-ng.arm)
CoreELEC:~ # dmesg | paste
http://ix.io/27ui
CoreELEC:~ # udevadm info /sys/bus/sdio/devices/sdio* | paste
http://ix.io/25OE
CoreELEC:~ #
"

Is the BT of TV-Box X96 Max+ (S905X3) working for other users?

Kind regards

Hello…I want to have coreelec on internal storage…I read some themes.I found “installtointernal” command. It is dangerous for device ?