Amlogic S905X4

37 posts were merged into an existing topic: Report about Amlogic S905X4 HK1 RBOX X4

Now that Coreelec supports S905x4 devices I’d be interested in getting it working on my Verizon Stream TV gen 2 (Askey sti6220D315). Verizon is giving them out free with new FIOS subscriptions so there are a lot of these boxes out there for cheap.

If you hold the big button on top of the box when powering up it goes to recovery- other than that I haven’t been able to get very far with it. If you connect it to a PC via the USB C port ADB works. I was fooling around with adbGUI but was unable to root.

I haven’t been able to get Coreelec to boot. I don’t care about losing the stock Android TV install.

Do we know if any new amlogic chips are coming soon that support VVC/H.266? That codec was ratified just over 2yrs ago now. I was hoping that new chips would be available by now that could hardware decode it.

Yes S905x5 will support H.266

hello to hall is possible ti install coreelec in androud box gloria force rtx duo with amlogic s904x i try all but dont work