Amlogic S928X

I received another email back from somebody else at AmLogic…

2 Likes

It sounds good about DRM - Direct rendering management. Maybe it will be window of oportunity also for opengl and vulkan (for retroarch, emuleec).

All I was trying to do was to get the drivers that CoreElec needed to finish development for the Ugoos AM8, I have no idea what’s happening now or even where to go from here as far as replying to the email AmLogic sent me but hopefully they are in contact with each other and some progress can happen…

I just received another email from AmLogic asking me how I wish to receive the required files for AM8 S928XJ support and since I had no idea I told him to email team@coreelec.org with the subject libmali for Ugoos AM8. Hopefully you guys can take it from here and something can be achieved!

14 Likes

is coreelec P7 FEL not working yet on this? are there plans?

The S928X isn’t currently supported by CE at all

Here we go folks! I got some action!!

22 Likes

Thanks for your efforts.I hope everything will go well.

2 Likes

Does anyone know if S928X is capable of FEL playback?

I’m not sure if anyone knows for sure. One user reported that the AM8 could decode FEL and another reported that the Tencent Aurora 5X couldn’t. I tested the Tencent Aurora 5X and it discarded the FEL. A spec sheet for the S928X did not list FEL support. We’ll probably only have a definitive answer when CE is running on this chipset.

13 Likes

what is this file? can you check if FEL/CE works with this?

Thank you for your good news.

1 Like

You have to tip a hat to Amlogic. Usually companies don’t care for any individual requests, but they seem to understand how to do proper business. Helping CE out with things like this costs them basically nothing but can have a tremendous effect on sales eventually.

3 Likes

Please try framebuffer driver, but also gles and vulkan. Vulkan driver

That’s exactly what I explained to them when I emailed them making the request. I think the key was emailing the CEO and telling him the scenario, he pretty much made it happen after that.

Could you also ask them for the dovi.ko module for the 5.15 kernel? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Firstly, I don’t even know what the file is or how to use it I was only trying to help speed things up so that I can run CoreElec on my Ugoos AM8 Pro. Secondly, Im not going to keep emailing them back and forth unnecessarily asking for things I know nothing about. I played my part and got the file that was needed so hopefully that enables the CoreElec team to do what they need to do in order to finish their work, so more people myself included will be able to enjoy it on their Ugoos AM8’s.

5 Likes

what is the purpose of that file they send? i’m curious how it works.

There are two possible scenarios. This is one of them :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1.Portish receive file
2.Portish load it on to his smart oven and fridge.
3.It helps feed portish so he will spend more time with our devices eg. 928x