Amlogic S928X

How much does he want for it? I like the look of them

@Portisch just noticed that DV P5 doesn’t play nicely with Hyperion.ng - the colors on TV screen are proper and everything looks good, but the colors seen by the platform capture (and Hyperion) are wrong, thus the LED colors are also wrong. Can this be fixed?

Here’s a DV P5 video sample for testing: https://we.tl/t-HyKjRKaLTu

It is already sold, and new AM6B+ from Ali is on it’s way…

I have one open for sale but postage + customs might be too steep.

Yeah I’m just gonna go with the AM6b Plus, Im already happy with my AM8 Pro so might as well stick with ugoos

Is dualbooting supported on am8?
If so; Are there any cons to using dualboot?

DUNE HD has long had a history of ambiguous wording in their product descriptions regarding FEL playback. It makes it sound as if the device supports it completely, when in reality it drops the EL layer, like at best every other non-disc player out there.

If any other box on the market truly supported full FEL playback, you’d better believe they’d included terms like enhancement layer (or using EL), along with CMv2.9 and CMv4.0 in their products descriptions.

There is a beta ota update v.1.3.7 This should also make true HD sound possible.
Maybe it has a benefit for Coreelec because it doesn’t work yet.

Not the case… I’ve been on the 1.3.7 update for a while

Probably some work is needed on the CE side as well.

Has anyone tested whether the Android side has working multichannel PCM output? I was just wondering if it’s broken in firmware.

I have just tested Dolby True HD with Android 11. I watched Mad Max Fury Road with the Movie Player and the Exoplayer. Dolby Atmos was easily possible with both players.
I don’t get a sound with Coreelec and Truehd Receiver.

how is it going with the development of FEL?

Answer by a Amlogic vendor:

I guess there will be no FEL support anymore in future…

does this meaning that dolby stopped making FEL discs in the future? so only MEL files in the future?

I don´t believe this.
Maybe they will stop FEL outside discs

how do you mean ‘outside discs’?

Well, I guess Amlogic is going to sell a lot more S922X-J CPUs in the future. Seriously feels like they’re shooting themselves in the foot.

I don’t think so.

The FEL P7 format is limited to bluray discs. And these are encrypted/protected.
So any copy/rip off of such media is not legal.
It’s like a “extra” to get more discs sold as you only have there the most best experience.

So this format is only used and limited to dedicated (and signed) disc players.
FEL was never be planned to be used without a physical, signed system.
So it was just luck support was given…

I understand that, but Pandora’s box has already been opened. There are thousands of chips out there that support FEL. For those who want FEL support, nothing is going to stop them anymore.

Even if FEL was only meant for disc, it’s far too late to try and eliminate support for FEL.

I doubt Amlogic cares what people do with their old AML SOCs. Just post NG SOCs won’t support DV FEL. It’s already been 5 years since the S905X3, the last AML SOC to support DV FEL.