Amlogic S928X

How did you test it?

HDFury Integral 2 with LG CX EDID + DeckLink Mini Recorder 4K

1 Like

Indications suggest that an alternative to Amlogic could arrive this year, whose performance would be comparable to the S928X. Realtek, Rockchip or something else, I donā€™t know. With any luck, maybe the latter will be open to developers.

Hi, I received info from Ugoos, that CE already started the work for Ugoos am8. I hope that is true.

No, we stopped working on it as no compatible libMali.so blob is available yet. But this is need for Kodi to show up at all. We are waiting since months already!?

1 Like

OMG, We hopped that we could use CE on this device especially built-in best Amlogic processor.

1 Like

Push the pressure on Ugoos and Tencent.
The have the option to request such blob.
We can just waitā€¦

3 Likes

I wrote to Ugoos

1 Like

When I wrote before, their answer was as follows.
ā€œHi, need to wait for some time until CoreELEC team finish the ROM building, we are not sure the time now. We have sent them the sample at the first time. Once we got the update from CoreELEC team, we will public on our website too.ā€

what does the CE team need from Ugoos that we can write to them? indeed need CE on our Ugoos am8 device, especially model am8 pro built-in 8GB RAM and 64 emms.

CE team please help us to have CoreELEC in our Ugoos am8 same as the other model devices. :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

As said multiple timesā€¦

1 Like

ok thank you for that, we will write to Ugoos we hope to get support and help from them. best regards.

1 Like

Ugoos response
ā€œhi,lib.so files are mainly from Amlogic, so we will keep checking with Amlogic about this and keep in touch with CoreElec teamā€

Ugoos responded

Amlogic donā€™t made 64bit lib
Then corekec team canā€™t move forward
So only write to aml, nothing depends by ugoos

I suggest guys we need to cooperative as owners of Ugoos am8 to send it to Amlogic. I hope to see CE OS on our devices soon.

P.S., please share us the email of Amlogic that I can send to them and others also they can also send emails to Amlogic.

Do you really think you will achieve anything? I donā€™t think so.

2 Likes

There are 2 emails here on their website, one from
sale: contact@amlogic.com
technical support: support@amlogic.com

i think technical support is the right one

we hope that :innocent: I believe together as owners Ugoos am8 and CE team might achieveā€¦ :grinning:

Please support us.

Thank you. Now I hope all owners of Ugoos am8/Pro send emails to Amlogic CO.

With Tencent we got very, very close to achieve final goal and get required library. But then black out happen.

2 Likes