Audio Sync Issue

this doesn’t help, here N2+, never happen

ok, how can we help? my sample video will be in German, maybe you do not recognize the gap
can I provide a log?

It won’t help as it will not be the same moment same time - in my opinion it is not file related. I bought new hdmi cable to try it.

A log does not help as we don’t know what to look for, so only a sample will help where it happen every play. And never happen on 19.3.

Deutsch ist ok, kein Problem

ok, today no issue
i installed Coreelec 19.4 from Scratch
before I had the RC3 and updated this to 19.4
i will keep an eye on it.

First of all thank you for the great work, using CoreElec for some years now!

With 19.3 CEC with my LG 55C7 was working perfectly. I never switch off the CoreElec device, and when I switch on the TV CEC works instantly. However with 19.4 now sometimes I have to switch HDMI channel back and forth for CEC start working again.

update: Today my box also froze with 19.4, had to hardreset the X88 King S922 box by removing power. I did not have this problem running 19.3 for months. Also some mkv are now stuttering when playing. Going back to 19.3 solved the stuttering.

Any ideas what it can be and what do you need for information so see what can be the underlying problem?

Full logs would be a great help to the devs!

Same here, on a S905X2 box I’m seeing freezes on suspend - I can ping it, but not ssh, it doesn’t react to anything from the outside either.

S905X3 also freezes coming out of suspend and only by cutting power it can restart.
I also noted a bug that has been intermittent between (some) versions, some times video stutters badly coming out of pause (it never happened with 19.3 version).

I have odroid n2 and version 19.4. After upgrading to 19.4 I have a problem, the video has a micro stuttering especially after pause and resume, voice begins to lose synchronization. After reverting to 19.3 everything is back to normal

2 Likes

https://wiki.coreelec.org/coreelec:troublesteps#before_posting_an_error

Same issue here, will revert to 19.3 for now.

https://wiki.coreelec.org/coreelec:troublesteps#before_posting_an_error

7. Try the latest nightly build.

Latest nightly works fine. Fixed it for me.

still fine
but I remembered that I had also frame drops like @sulko described before I re-installed from zero

For all who have this issue… Does it repeated on default skin?

If you’re asking if you get audio sync issues with the Estuary Skin, then yes I do.

For me yes. Mine is just a consistent one with the audio being approx .250 behind the video before adjustment. If I skip ahead and go back, it syncs itself. Still on latest nightly that hasn’t exhibited the behaviour yet.

Edit - still not right, Back to 19.3

1 Like

Same here audio has to be 250ms faster and it is perfect then.

1 Like

I only use the default skin. Latest nightly didn’t fix the issue for me either and have reverted to 19.3.

Running on a N2+ If it makes any difference.

2 Likes