Audio Sync Issue

Same issue here, will revert to 19.3 for now.

https://wiki.coreelec.org/coreelec:troublesteps#before_posting_an_error

7. Try the latest nightly build.

Latest nightly works fine. Fixed it for me.

still fine
but I remembered that I had also frame drops like @sulko described before I re-installed from zero

For all who have this issue… Does it repeated on default skin?

If you’re asking if you get audio sync issues with the Estuary Skin, then yes I do.

For me yes. Mine is just a consistent one with the audio being approx .250 behind the video before adjustment. If I skip ahead and go back, it syncs itself. Still on latest nightly that hasn’t exhibited the behaviour yet.

Edit - still not right, Back to 19.3

1 Like

Same here audio has to be 250ms faster and it is perfect then.

1 Like

I only use the default skin. Latest nightly didn’t fix the issue for me either and have reverted to 19.3.

Running on a N2+ If it makes any difference.

2 Likes

Another N2+ user here (and very happy with the device in CoreELEC, generally - by far the best Kodi experience I’ve had in a decade).

I’m in the UK, and have a MythTV backend for live TV. I bought the N2+ early January 2022, and audio sync was close enough to be considered perfect out of the box in 19.3. Maybe slightly off if checked, but not enough to be noticeable.

I recently let it auto-update through the various 19.4 versions. The first time I watched live TV (or a recording), I noticed a lot of artefacts in the playback. It looked as if frames were occasionally being played out of order, and this was occurring every few seconds. Rewinding and playing the same sequence showed the frame order glitch in the same place. Audio sync was noticeably off too - I had to set -250 in advancedsettings.xml for 50Hz refresh, but all the other refresh rates also needed differing delays.

I used a test video in conjunction with an iPad capturing at 240FPS, to sync the audio/video. Once synced, it is consistent across playback and device/Kodi restarts.

I can provide the full TV recording if anybody wants it to test on their device. It’s around 2GB in size, and taken from Channel 5 HD.

As a test, I went back to 19.3. The same TV recording now played perfectly without any frame order issues, and I found that the audio with advancedsettings.xml configured was now out of sync, with the defaults being close enough to be correct.

Try nightly build for your test video. If still the same then please upload it somewhere on mega for example.
As we don’t have samples for repeat it at every start.

1 Like

Can you upload those changes to advancedsettings.xml file?

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<advancedsettings>
    <video>
        <adjustrefreshrate>
            <override>
                <fps>25.000</fps>
                <refresh>50.0</refresh>
			</override>
        </adjustrefreshrate>
        <latency>
            <refresh>
                <min>23</min>
                <max>23.99</max>
                <delay>-125</delay>
            </refresh>
            <refresh>
                <min>24.0</min>
                <max>24.0</max>
                <delay>-160</delay>
            </refresh>
            <refresh>
                <min>29</min>
                <max>30</max>
                <delay>-160</delay>
            </refresh>
            <refresh>
                <min>50</min>
                <max>50</max>
                <delay>-250</delay>
            </refresh>
            <refresh>
                <min>59</min>
                <max>60</max>
                <delay>-120</delay>
			</refresh>
		</latency>
    </video>
</advancedsettings>
1 Like

The only problem after that is that volume bar is gone - you cant see it when you are changing volume level or mute.

Scrap that - it looks like it is not related to those changes.

Dear all: please have a test with this devel image:

I currently try to fix another audio issue and maybe it will solve this audio delay issue as well.
I can test it as I don’t see any sync issues here.

I will test it today.

Wifi is not working on my X96 MAX PLUS. And there was an error while updating but didn’t notice what it was about.

This build didn’t fix audio issues for me.

Please try this test build too.

Will try it as well.

These builds seemed to sort it out for me thus far.

Edit - wishful thinking. Still not quite right. It’s whatever changed between 19.3-19.4. 19.4 onwards has never worked correctly.

A couple of recent nightlies had audio sync issues on X265, where offset had to be set to a delay of 0.250 but the latest nightly brings things back to normal.