Audio Sync Issue

It’s very strange because there were no any related changes in nightly yet.

Which date exactly?

Today’s, 20220324

From the log

• dtb-xml: fix default smartchip
  • Amlogic-ce: fix building smartchip driver in docker

you can see no change has been made regarding audio. I think this issue is more like hit and miss?

I don’t believe so, although I do see your logic based upon the changes.

I was going to test the dev builds that you and Portisch had posted before I spotted the latest nighly.

Before that I could recreate with consistency that the audio sync issue was with X265.

I have run the nightly over the past 8-9 hours with varied content and setting back to default has not shown a single glitch so far.

Both builds have audio sync issue for me - after few pause it is back.

2 Likes

No idea. I can say however, 2 days later and this nightly has solved the problem for me.

Edit - Buh……I think I’ll just stay on 19.3. It just works.

Please try this build
Just for test if issue disappear or not, this build could break vsync for SW decoding

1 Like

Thanks, just installed so will let you know in a couple of days.

1 Like

First thing I played audio was out on that build. The latest nightlies aren’t bad. After a pause the sync is out but skip forward and back and it re-sync’s.

1 Like

It’s bad:) After pause audio is like robots talking plus slow motion of audio:) And it stays like that after stop and play again - reboot helps.

Looks like it is related to nightly after 16.04 as i was away till today.

Looks like after changing sound to ALSA:Default not Multi Ch PCM sound is ok so i will test it more with your build but something else is broken. Will have to check change log for the last 10 days.

1 Like

Have not had any issues with Movies or TV Shows yet. However FTA TV via TvH as had a couple of sync issues that fixed themselves with 30 secs. Will continue to test.

1 Like

I don’t know. I just tried 19.5 Rc1 and the audio was still all over the place. Sync is just out. Not sure if it’s caused by my specific setup (Sonos Beam via ARC) but 19.3 is fine so I’ll just keep that and not bother updating. I don’t think the newer version offer anything new/better anyway.

Maybe eventually when HK bring out a S922 successor I’ll upgrade the hardware and start fresh.

1 Like

I have this problem too. Had no sync issues prior to 19.4. Using N2+.

For me the only time it happens is after pause. If I pause something to go to the bathroom, I think 100% of the time when I resume it is out of sync. Stopping and resuming fixes it.

Going back to 19.3 since it sounds like none of the fixes have worked reliably.

2 Likes

Don’t suppose there has been any progress on this?

I have the same issue, N2, reverted back to 19.3 all audio is synced up niceley…

I would like to know the answer to this too. Still on 19.3 also.

Still have never seen it. Nobody can 100% replicate it and a random “issue” what can not be reproduced is not able to be fixed.

I wonder if there are any commonalities? I’m on the original N2 4G and use the Jellyfin plugin to stream my media.

Before reverting back to 19.3, I tried a complete fresh install of the latest 19.5rc1.

Can confirm audio out of Sync after pause the video, with N2 4gig and Emby Plugin but with native Paths, so no transcoding. 19.5 rc1 and 19.4 out of sync. 19.3 all fine. All fresh installations only with emby plugin. And also tested emby Plugin with all versions of Plugin and today without the plugin, only via smb in Filemanager. :frowning:

I’m too on the original N2 4G but use Plex and anything above 19.3 gives sync issues. Even happens with TVH FTA when Plex is not being used.