Best device for Coreelec in 2022/2023

I was seriously looking at the homatic,but the cpu is to slow for android tv,the cpu is way slower than the shield and the shield struggles at times,so your gonna have lag in the ui,

With the old Amlogic devices I had to encode my H265 files in mod 8. If a video resolution is in mod 4 like 1920 x 804, it will repeat the last lines to make it mod 8 so you would get bad artifact.

Have the new Amlogic devices corrected that error? Can they play mod 4 correctly?

this box from here?

correct yes

1 Like

Yes
Thats the one
Or Orbsmart G1 ,same thing!!

1 Like

Hello, I’m thinking buy one of these devices for CE am6b+ or am8pro? as per your experience which one is better? especially for PQ and sound.

Am6b+ is what you want.

you mean Am6b+ better than am8pro? here in USA I can buy Am6b+ for $190 but am8pro 235.

in this specific case, cheaper is better (at the moment)

not always :smile:

I think I’ll go for Am6b+.

You’ll not be disappointed.
I paid my Am6+ less than my Vero V and, apart AV1 support I’m not ver interested in, Ugoos is performing slightly better IMHO.

1 Like

I’m curious if the AM6B+ recommendation is purely because it plays profile 7 FEL.
If everyone had this need, surely the newer tv boxes would have included it?

No, subsequent players do not include all the features of the S922X-J like FEL support, 3D support, or multi-channel LPCM. Sometime newer version have features.

Also, because of how special the S922X-J is, the majority of development is focused on it.

how about PQ in this model especially the S922X-J processor seems old compared with the new S928X-J?

1 Like

If price is a big factor for you, there is the FireTV 2nd gen Cube that also uses a DV licenced s922 SOC, with the same video playback capabilities as the AM6+ and U22XJ.

It’s a little more setup, but you can find new (sealed) Cubes on ebay for $40-100.

The PQ is the same. They both have the same VS10 engine for converting content to Dolby Vision. However, the VS10 engine is only going to be implemented on the S922X-J for now.

you mean ugoos am8/pro does not support VS10 engine?

It does, but support for it is not implemented for the S928X-J in Coreelec yet.

1 Like

honestly, I love Kodi that I was looking for device support, especially kodi(CE)

CE boots on the 2nd gen Cube.