Best device for Coreelec in 2024

The VC-1 plays without issues using hardware decoding.

no, apparently it does not even though it looks like it.

Perhaps I am missing something. My VC-1 videos play well with hardware decoding. It shows 39 skipped but that has been static for a while.

Software decoded. I can’t tell any difference. Perhaps I am missing something.

HW decoder on Amlogic has a bug on VC-1 where it always applies deinterlacing even for progressive content, on all SoCs:

But this is easily solved on Am6b+ by navigating to the VC-1 HW acceleration setting and putting that to exclude 24p so it is done on software instead. Am6b+ is powerful enough to easily handle VC-1 software decoding, so there is nothing to worry about.

1 Like

someone take ultra high speed camera and measure the frames it takes after an input :smiley:

@YadaYada do you think its possible we could get a dovi.ko file that would support linux kernel 5.0+ L, extending the life of the AM6B+ which of course is currently on NG branch which is EOL.

Does anyone know if anybody is keeping the ‘GOAT of all spreadsheets’ to track the different SOC’s/Chipsets and the features they support in the various branches of coreelec?

I have spent the last 3 hours reading the forum trying to find the answer to this and cannot find a definitive answer. It might exist but I haven;t found it.

Which devices does Coreelec offer VS10 support (Upscaling SDR/HDR content to Dolby Vision)

I know the Ogoos AM6B+ does. But any more than this the information is a bit vague and sporadic. Is this the only device to buy if you want VS10 support in Coreelec or are there others too?

In this thread and this one you’ll find your answers.

Ugoos is the only company actively selling DV licensed s922x boxes. Other companies like Homatics support their devices through multiple major ATV upgrades, it’s not much to ask Ugoos to fight for a newer dovi.ko module. They’re the only hope of a newer dovi.ko module for the s922x.

Monkeypaw scenario. New dovi.ko for updated kernel, but FEL support is gone :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

There’s a new hue sync box out.
Wonder if anyone has one and tried that one already

https://www.walmart.com/ip/X96-X10-Smart-TV-Box-8K-UHD-Streaming-Device-Android-TV-Box-11-0-Amlogic-S928X-DDR4-8GB-RAM-64GB-ROM-WiFi6-1000M-Enthernet-Set-Top-Box/5102185704?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=101225691

1 Like

$139.99 at Walmart

does walmart include tax in pricing? you can pick one up from aliexpress for $114 pre tax

Yeah, would love to know if we can now use it with the tv-led option!