Bl301 injection, problems, help,

This is paradoxal. A tool developed for Odroid N2 basically, it works on all kinds of other platforms, and it doesn’t on my N2. I want to smash my head.
Fresh install of CE 9.2.2, dual booting on a emmc.Having all kinds of failures in attempt to boot the N2 with GPIO and remote, and when I run the command in SSH this is the result:
login as: root
root@192.168.1.226’s password:
##############################################
# CoreELEC #
# https://coreelec.org #
##############################################

CoreELEC (official): 9.2.2 (Amlogic-ng.arm)
CoreELEC:~ # inject_bl301
Starting bootloader blob BL301 injection tool...

This tool can be used to update the bootloader
blob BL301 of the vendor bootloader on the internal
eMMC. This bootloader blob BL301 is customized by
Team CoreELEC to support all wake-up features like
CEC, Wake-On-LAN, IR, and GPIO wake-up from
suspend or power off state!

Device serial number: 290a400001081e000003383448564d50
Using CPU type G12B (29): S922X, A311D
System is not supported by BL301.bin injection: g12b_s922x_odroid_n2

CoreELEC:~ #

Trying to launch by GUI is not available. Only things I see in 9.2.2 are these,

but nonetheless the boot from poweroff with GPIO and remote just doesn’t go.
config.ini is ready and set, but the problem is what you’re offering to fix, if the injection was compatible.
Ah, suspend doesn’t work either. Related to this as well?
Do I have a unpatched system? Is it possible to patch it? Why G12B is not compatible?
Please, help. Please please please.

1 Like

On N2 bl301 is already hardcoded into the bootloader.
Do you have the boot switch on the N2 in eMMC position?

Hey , I dont mind powering shutting down via within kodi but only way to turn back on is pull power lead out and back into box, original android box remote, power button doesnt work or respond at all with coreelec.
Any remotes that work and to turn it on ?

You should start telling which device you are using.

Apologies forgot, X10 Max 8K S905x3 Android 9 TV Box, came with a generic basic crappy remote which works only within android. Just been usin a mouse within coreelec kodi.

If you find out the gpio for the power button it can be also activated.

Just came across that but get this when tried to enable it

Inject error

Then the bootloader is encrypted and you can’t do anything.

wow really, why would it be encrypted on such a device , is there way I can at least put it into sleep mode if not using it ?

no, contact your vendor if he will probably fix the bootloader.

you mean the seller of box, how could they fix the bootloader ?

A vendor/seller should have contact with the manufacturer, so is in a position to ask them for fixes.

Many boxes are made in the same factories where there is no direct user support/contact for the end user.

Hi, managed to get it working with my BeeLink GT-King but how do I get power off to work?

Power on works fine, I also have a harmony remote (windows media centre) but I can’t seem to get it get power off to work.

I’ve tried putting codes in and have got it to work but then my harmony remote doesn’t work.

Try with one of those

systemctl poweroff
kodi-send -a shutdown

very difficult to contact the vendor/seller as they are clearly in china and whoever u speak to have no clue what you’re talking about.

That’s a normal business model for cheap boxes with no source code disclosed.
There are boxes / sbc’s who’s manufacturers assist the CE devs when issues arrise.
Your’s is obviously not one of them.
Only so much Devs can do on their free time.

Hi!,

Where do I put this command? Sorry if I’m a noob haha

Doubt its ever coming mate, just leave your box on 24/7 problem solved. :slight_smile: :frowning:

@Portisch
If I sent you a copy of my bootloaders on my s912 and s905x is it possible for you to put the BL301 blob into them or does it not work on theses models?

You don’t need to send me your bootloaders. I will get a problematic GXL device soon. When this get fixed maybe bl301 for s905x will come up. But as S912 (GXM) is not supported by Amlogic-ng it’s also not supported by incject_bl301.