BT earbud connection issue

Yes, only clean fresh install to avoid other addons or items interfere with this issue. Just use another uSD for the tests. Please also leave the language and skin at default, thanks.

ok there is it : http://ix.io/3txl

Fresh brand new install rc2

Same issue same problem

As I already said this is for everyone who try to use earbuds phone instead of “true” BT device… not only me…

No kodi.log included

this is the log ? : http://ix.io/3txA

yes,

## CoreELEC Addon ## bluetooth::show_options ## ERROR: (AttributeError("'bluetooth' object has no attribute 'disconnect_device'"))

Ok

What do that mean ? (attribute) what I can do ?

nothing, CE settings needs to be fixed. let me take a look when I find free time

Oh
Ok
Sure
Thank you !

Just to say its worse with BT with this fresh build than the previous installation…
The previous get connected but no sound but this one do not connect and I have to delete to pair but with some freezing rebooting … CE do not like this device… finally it connect but manually

@janolino please save this folder service.coreelec.settings in Addons or /storage/.kodi/addons on your clean install. Then reboot once and make a kodi.log again.

CoreELEC:~/.kodi/addons # ls -al
total 10
drwxr-xr-x   10 root     root          1024 Jul 21 07:29 .
drwxr-xr-x    7 root     root          1024 Feb  2 15:29 ..
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          1024 Jul 21 07:00 metadata.common.imdb.com
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          1024 Jul 21 07:00 metadata.common.themoviedb.org
drwxr-xr-x    4 root     root          1024 Jul 21 07:00 metadata.themoviedb.org.python
drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root          1024 Jul 21 07:00 metadata.tvshows.themoviedb.org
drwxr-xr-x    4 root     root          1024 Jul 21 07:00 metadata.tvshows.themoviedb.org.python
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          1024 Jul 21 07:28 packages
drwxrwxr-x    4 root     root          1024 Jul 21 07:33 service.coreelec.settings
drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root          1024 Jul 21 07:00 temp

But I think it will still not work:

2021-07-20 18:31:16.363 T:5152    ERROR <general>: ## CoreELEC Addon ## bluetooth::dbus_error_handler ## ERROR: (Authentication Failed)
2021-07-20 18:31:27.550 T:5152    ERROR <general>: ## CoreELEC Addon ## bluetooth::dbus_error_handler ## ERROR: (Method "Pair" with signature "" on interface "org.bluez.Device1" doesn't exist

Hi
Thanks
I did exactly what you said and this is the same I get the same issue
there is the log http://ix.io/3tBZ

I do not see this “Authentication failed” but it do not work. It pair better but not sound and its the same issue I have to disconnect and reconnect manually each time I want to use it

I only see on first time:

bluetooth::monitor::InterfacesAdded::path ## dbus.ObjectPath('/org/bluez/hci0/dev_1C_52_16_AD_65_A6/sep12021-07-21 14:25:43.870 T:4873    FATAL <general>: ## CoreELEC Addon ## bluetooth::monitor::InterfacesAdded::path ## dbus.ObjectPath('/org/bluez/hci0/dev_1C_52_16_AD_65_A6/sep1')
2021-07-21 14:25:43.883 T:4873    FATAL <general>: ## CoreELEC Addon ## bluetooth::monitor::InterfacesAdded ## Connected to AirBuds U (1C:52:16:AD:65:A6)

and later

2021-07-21 14:26:09.245 T:4873    FATAL <general>: ## CoreELEC Addon ## bluetooth::monitor::InterfacesRemoved ## Device disconnect: AirBuds U
2021-07-21 14:26:09.256 T:4873    FATAL <general>: ## CoreELEC Addon ## bluetooth::monitor::InterfacesRemoved::path ## dbus.ObjectPath('/org/bluez/hci0/dev_1C_52_16_AD_65_A6/sep1')

But the AirBuds U do not send the InterfacesAdded dbus.ObjectPath('/org/bluez/hci0/dev_1C_52_16_AD_65_A6/sep1') anymore so CE have nothing to connect to. I think this is device specific and I have no idea if it can be solved.

OK
Too bad
Just say I have two device UMIDIGI and this is the same for the two.
Since 9.2 nightly 20210318
They worked well good with nightly 9.2 20210318

9.2 is python 2, CE-19 is python 3. This is maybe the difference.

Ok. Thanks for your time. So I understand that its dead for this device ?

Maybe you find a way how it works. Like the bt device needs to be on before booting CE or vise versa.

And remember there is extra bt hardware on your device and a reboot does not reset it. Only a complete DC power off does.

I’m remember that last week I reboot my box with the BT earbud “on” in my ears and I got sound when CE load… but once power off the BT device I got the same issue when I try automatic connection …but I did not power off my CE Box so I will try.

I’m remember too that when I updated the Input Stream and Input Stream Helper component I got sound automatically when this update was completed but once only and same issue after power on/off the BT earbuds

May be any chance with some firmware update ? (Yesterday I got an update from Umidigi through the android apps but same issue)

I confirm when I power “on” my CE BOX (complete DC power) I get sound automatically when CE boot but if I power “off” my earbuds and power “on” I do not have sound its the same issue …

Is a firmware update for this BT device may help ? I mean if I send them this tech specs you gave me : ( AirBuds U do not send the InterfacesAdded dbus.ObjectPath('/org/bluez/hci0/dev_1C_52_16_AD_65_A6/sep1') anymore so CE have nothing to connect to.)

The last but not the least I look for this nightly build 20210318 ng … this is possible to have it ? On the server I just found the build from april 0420 but it do not work …

@ Hello Portisch

I am in touch with the manufacturer of these Earbuds can you tell me what information I can give them relative to the problem to see if they can fix the issue in the next update of the firmware for this AirBuds U ?

They have just published an update but they have not corrected the problem due to lack of information.

And also do you know if the builds before 20210420 are available and where (I’m looking for the 20210318 ng build) ?

Thank you very much for your time and your help !

The nightly of 9.2 aren’t archived anymore.

You can create a debug kodi.log with the service.coreelec.settings i sent. There is all information included. You just need to describe step by step to them what you did. It’s the “interface added” and “interface removed” entries in the log.

This is the source for the Bluetooth handling: