CoreELEC 19.1-Matrix Discussion

Go to Add-ons, Download, Look and Feel, Skin. And you will see some.

Settings - Interface - Skin - Get more.

Itā€™s not really rocket science. At least Confluence, Aeon Nox Silvo, Arctic Zephyr and Estuary Mod V2 Matrix are available.

2 Likes

Will issue with Librespot and Wi-Fi connection be fixed?

For Librespot no one work on it so it works (or not) like before.
Donā€™t know for wifi connection.

The problem is when you set power off timer on your TV nad box will be turned off by this timer after some time, after turning on your box, wi-fi will be disconnected. Itā€™s not a big deal now, I found that I can set power off timer in CE and power off my box with it. However there is still an issue :stuck_out_tongue:

Of course there is on issue, when Librespot is not installed.

Can confirm, using also Odroid N2 plus and
ā€œDelay after change of refresh rateā€ is not working.

@adompowe , @flash3d
Fixed in nightly builds

3 Likes

For people using NFS: Switching to matrix gave me major buffer issues with high bit rate 4k movies. Same movies worked perfect with Leia. Switched to Samba and all is perfect again.

Was using NFS from my Windows 10 pc.
Prefer samba cause itā€™s native Windows.

Ps tried changing buffer size but didnā€™t help.

Is the question really that difficult to answer?

No problems here whatsoever using NFS with windows 10.

No and yes, you can change cards. Just be aware that latest Ugoos firmware can cause problems with CE booting.

Yes, of course you can instantly return to your previous state, if you switch SD-Cards. Previous state means that exact state, when you switched cards. Every setting you changed in Matrix, you have to change again in Leia. Also, your watched media is not synchronized between Versions without 3rd party add-ons.

Good to hear, couldnā€™t really find the solution and with Leia it was working fine. Samba is giving me similar or even better performance in my situation. With NFS I needed the buffer entry (in advancedsettings.xml) to have stutter free playback and with Samba it works without that entry.

YMMV

Btw I was using Hanewin.

Reproduceable crash: when playing a movie, press OK, then click the screenshot button from the player controls that pop up. CE instantly freezes and doesnā€™t recover. I can make a log but when? Is doing one after reboot useful? (Odroid N2 here - perhaps another N2 user could confirm its not just me in the meantime)

I donā€™t see such option with Estuary skin?

Ah I am using this skin Add-on:Aeon Nox: SiLVO - Official Kodi Wiki
Perhaps I should post on their support forum first.

The skin is not 100% compatible with python3.

1 Like

I installed CE 19.2-Matrix_nightly_20210521 on my N2.
Everything works fine, but one little issue:
I cannot see the CE version info in the upper left corner of the green CE splash screen during CE start.
Is it gone? I would find it very useful to see what version is starting up. Can this be configured?

No, itā€™s gone. When you really want to know the ce version go to system information at Kodi settings

Oh, itā€™s a pity and more complicated than beforeā€¦

In my opinion each good software/GUI design should say, who it is, whatā€™s its name and version during start, especially when there is a start screen/splash screen. No annoying animation or to complicated graphical elements, just information at a glanceā€¦

Just my 2 centsā€¦