CoreELEC 19.1-Matrix_rc1 Discussion

Where do I put the autostart.sh file on the sdcard before installing?

Into .config/Configfile. What do you mean ā€˜before installingā€™?

Usually you get a weird colored screen (pink, mint, teal, magenta ā€¦), if your tv is powered on after your box is. Then your box canā€™t read EDID on start. Therefore aforementioned Autostart comes in play and forces Kodi to switch once the resolution.

If your box doesnā€™t even boot properly, you have an entirely different problem.

You donā€™t need ā€œautostart.shā€ file for installation; just install fresh image and if initial screen is not shown, wait for a couple of minutes for installation to finish. Then you should see Kodi Home screen.
If the installation does not finish, then there is some other problem that ā€œautostart.shā€ cannot fix, as far as I knowā€¦

Greetings!

Sorry for my poor english,its not my native language.
And sorry if wrong threadā€¦
My question is:
CE 9.2.7 NG works well with my S905X boxā€¦
Is CE 19 Matrix compatible with my box?
Im not really understand the details.

Unfortuanteley - as mentioned on CE19 thread too - I still got stuttering problems with H264 videos on my Mecool KI Pro box /S905D). I can narrow it down to H264 as once I set the hw acceleration of H264 to ā€œneverā€ the stutter is goneā€¦I could live with that but then the main problem on some HD channels is that the framerate is drastically cut down like if it is at ~5fps. Unsure what causes this. Logs had been posted in CE19 thread. Donā€™t know what else I can do to help fixing this?

Yes. Both run on the 4.9 kernel, your box should run fine with Matrix. But to be safe, use a new SD-Card at first. Then you can test the heck out of Matrix. If it doesnā€™t satisfy you, then change back to Leia.

Many thanks and best regards!

@byomi What add-on do you use for Sky Germany? Is there a one that still works?

I can cofirm that CE 19.0 Matrix runs on my Mini M8S II S905X box.
But only from SD-Card or USB stick.
I tried to port it to the internal memory using the CEEMMC tool but after that my device was bricked.
I know itā€™s not on the list of officialy supported devices but I hope one day it will be because CE runs far better on the internal memory for me. That might be because of my slow USB stick but Iā€™donā€™t want to buy a new one just for that purpose.
Until then Iā€™ll stick to the Legacy builds.

What did you have in internal when you tried cemmc?

I used ceemmc with the first CE19 release on March beginning. After running it my Mecool KI Pro box was bricked and I needed to open it and locate the points on the chip to get it reflashed again with Amlogic tool. So be cautious trying that. But I am still interested in it to be able to abandon my sdcard. I chosed to replace the ANdroid partition and tried to use the full memory for CE. Maybe that was my fault and I should have been chosing the option to keep it with Android datat? I read that CE19 RC1 has some changes regarding for ceemc but unsure if I should retry againā€¦

@ Vasco: At that time I had CE 9.2.6 in my internal.

@byomi: I tried the dual boot option too afterwards. Same result.

To use ceemmc you must have android in internal. You may try again but always be prepared for a recovery operation.

1 Like

Ok understood that with ceemc. Maybe try again later once I solved the problem with video playback (stutter / jiddder). Tried to play Minions films while log. As stated earlier the stutter / jidder is solved when disabling h264 hw acceleration but then I get low framerate playback on HD channels in IPTV simple client and thatā€™s no solution. Never had problems on CE9.2 (non-NG). Here are my logs:

CE-debug:
http://ix.io/2Uf1

Log (Stutter / Jidder with VideoPlayer::OpenFile: /media/sda1-usb-SanDisk_Ultra_US/Minions (Hd).mkv):
http://ix.io/2Uf2

Test-Video:

Edit:
This forum user has the EXACT same problem. Tested his file and it is identical issue:

Thanks for the logs. Can you share a small sample of the video like 30 sec or something like @boot2k3 asked in the old thread?

OK now I flashed my device back to Android but when using ceemmc I get following message:

Install in single boot mode not possible!
No DT partition was found

last time I could choose between all 4 options. Do I have to do something in addition?

Your device/firmware is just to old. Buy a newer device or just use dual boot. This limit was introduced with a reason!

I just updated my previous post with a testvideo so we got everything in one place. Let me know if it stutters for you too?

Trying dual boot results to this:

Please choose one option? [1/2]: 1

Aborting!

So neither option is really availible for my device. The Legacy builds will have to suffice then.

Ha!
As discouraging your reply was it gave me an idea and it works.
I saw a youtube tutorial " How to flash [ROM] ATVXperience on Mini M8S II (p212 board, S905X)".
Itā€™s an Android 9.0 firmware running on the same kernel CE 19.1 Matrix does.
After flashing my box with it I ran ceemmc again and it worked.

Maybee you could post that somewhere in a tutorial so others with the same problem will find their solution quicker than me.