CoreELEC 19 Matrix Discussion (Kodi RC)

Please explain. What was the joke?

You use an usb keyboard to get past the first part of config and activate ssh. Then you can ssh to the device and configure your remote.

It makes sense now, but I never had to configure the remote before. I was hoping that I could edit some file in the card to make it use my remote (the original)

It’s possible that the remote was not included in Amlogic-ng builds. But You can copy it from your old installation.

I think this is your remote config.

You should be able to use CEC (TV remote)

My old installation (internal) is a regular 9.2.6, not ng.
Could you please point me on which file should I copy from 9.2.6 and where do I put it?

that mecool is already included. I have no idea if you are using meson-ir or amremote. depends either rc_maps.cfg or remote.conf. You probably did set it up before.

Missing feature or possibly bug, AAC decoding. I am unable to hear any sound from a file encooded with AAC. This particular file has 7.1 channels. My receiver does not have AAC decoding so I usually turn off Passthrough, however,I still do not hear any audio.

within /storage/.config (9.2.6) I have a file named rc_maps.cfg with the line “meson-ir * mecool”.
Can I copy it to the card root?

You can probably only mount the /flash with your Windows PC unless you have a Linux Desktop.

Otherwise try to activate ssh with a usb keyboard or CEC then copy those files over with samba.

Sorry Ray, I’m not following you. I use Windows and have access to the booting card. I just created rc_maps.cfg in the root.
Is that /flash an hidden partition? If so how can I mount it from windows?

It’s not a hidden partition it is a linux partition. You only see the first partition in Windows which is /flash in CE. You need /storage which is a linux filesystem and you won’t be able to read or write it on windows.

But if you have a working internal installation with ssh you might be able to copy those files with ssh to the attached sd card with your Matrix installation from within CE.

Understood, I’ll see what I can do, thanks :+1:

I find the easiest way to copy & move files is to connect over your network using coreftp lite.

I using sftp.

Matrix installed, remote working, but tvheadend doesn’t detect TV adapters.

@Portisch made changes words the same!
Working with KI Pro perfectly.

@Jazzda Via finding the drivers in the repository :laughing:

Time to close this thread and use newer one: 19.0-Matrix Discussion