CoreELEC 19 Matrix Discussion (Kodi RC)

Can you test it if it also crash like on Windows or Ubuntu with Kodi v19 RC1?
If yes, I think it’s better to create a issue at https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues

Beg pardon, where is Kodi file manager and how to use it?
Thankn you.

No need to thanks, just use it, thats enough for me :+1:

CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-19.0-Matrix_nightly_20210121-Generic.img.gz on a SD-Card worked without errors on a mecool KII pro. After autoupdate to 20210126 Lan isn’t working anymore, no link when booting. So no update or downgrade is possible ??? I stored the old working dtb.img to the SD, but screen remained black when I tried to boot.

Settings and How To use

You can place a downgrade image onto a USB stick and use it to transfer the file into the SD card .update file using CE file manager. This should get you back to a working system.

Shoog

Beelink GT1 mini 2/32 gb - I install last nightly build to sd card - ok, BL301 works, port usb2 not working. The screen is stretched. Please repair. Thanks.
TIMG_20210127_102822

Odroid N2 with new Kodi 19 and backup of .kodi from Kodi 18 works like charm. Did a clean install and only copied, after testing 19 that it works, the .kodi from my latest Kodi 18 installation to SD-Card with Kodi19. But I kept the guisettings.xml from the new Kodi 19 test installation. Thats all. After reboot and migration DB and Addons, only have to reset one time, cause the skin hangs up by “Building Menus” (Silvio Skin). But after reboot all was there like in my Kodi 18 installation and works! Thanks for this first awesome RC1. And btw. could it be that the 4k/HDR picture quality is a little better than in 18?!?!

Maybe try in System Settings the Screen Calibration. Friend had same problem on N2 (I had not) and after resizing in Calibration, all was good.

Screen Calibration is a wrong way for HDMI signal. This is only the last step if you couldn’t find how to fix this on TV.
@pepek33, you need to fix this on your TV
Here you can find some instruction how and where to find menu on TV:

I just switched over from 9.2.5 to see how Matrix development is coming. Everything works perfectly except the WiFi cuts out(both 2.4 and 5 GHz) about every minute and then reconnects after about 30secs but basically makes it unusable. Is there anything that I could check in setup or is it possibly the drivers in this new kernel that could be causing this? It is the Qualcomm qca9377 chipset. Never had an issue in any older builds pre-matrix.

Device: Generic A96Z SoC S905X, 8Gb eMMC, 2Gb Ram, 10/100 LAN, WiFi(Qualcomm qca9377).
OS: CoreELEC Matrix Beta 2 nightly 20210126 Generic running from SD 64GB

Such issues are introduced by rebase of CE code on LE/master. So just keep watching if it get better or worse tomorrow as I have done a new rebase today.

LE is bumping as crazy packages without testing it and it can lead to such issues…

Thank you for your answer. I did, what you suggested, but screen remains black, when booting. I think I’ll wait for the next nightly build.

Thanks. Screen Calibration helped. Picture ok.

Okay, with the new Nightly (2021-01-28), when I choose “Play from here” in context menu, the second clip starts in background and I am in the foreground/Wallview.

Is this just me or does this happen to others?

There are problems playing dts-HD 5.1, as the rear speakers do not sound, while with kodi 18 it plays without problems

DTS-HD works fine on my system (GT King pro, Pioneer Avr)

Maybe you’re missing something in settings-system-audio. Make sure you’re in advanced or expert mode.

Hello, i have a question. Do you plan to release coreelec on Kodi 19rc1? Thank you for answer.

It is already included in daily images.

correct, it’s already RC1. But I need to update the topic

1 Like