CoreELEC 19 Matrix Discussion (Kodi RC)

Thank you so much for the commit with passthrough being disabled when connected to BT device!

1 Like

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: Beelink GT1 Mini & CoreELEC, No USBv2 Port

Can you try the latest 9.2 nightly and see if the USB port still doesnā€™t work?

Since the latest nightly (30-01) I am noticing that the home screen jumps to the foreground when playing the current video ends and the next item starts playing.

Hi, I would like to ask if it would be possible to add an Equalizer to the new CoreELEC 19 Matrix.

Is there a simple way to test this on my n2 by writing the image to a spare SD card I have and put that into the N2 without removing the eMMC card thatā€™s attached?

Hi, just slide the white switch the other way and boot into petitboot and select matrix from there

1 Like

Any links to a guide on what you mean? Sorry, Iā€™ve not done anything like that so are with my N2.

is there no changelog anymore after an upgrade?

Not for CoreELEC 19. This will change in the near future.

Hi, sorry for late reply. Write CoreELEC 19 Matrix to a spare sd card, remove power cable from N2 and slide SPI Boot Select Switch to the left(little white switch on front of N2).Insert sd card then the power cable you will boot up into petitboot .At the top top of the list you should see 2 CoreELEC options,you can now choose which one to boot into.

HI folks

i have a question about the ā€˜storageā€™ partition. in the older ā€˜non ngā€™ builds, if i plug my SD to my (win 10) PC i see and can access both the coreelec and the storage partition. with the new NG build with matrix, if i do a fresh install, i can only access the coreelec partition. i see the storage partition on my pc but with no label and i cant assign a drive letter. i just assumed this was a change in the new builds, however, i just updated and old build to be 9.2.5 ā€˜NGā€™, then updated to to be the corelec nightly build. all went well and i noticed if i plug that SD in to my PC, i can still see and access the ā€˜storageā€™ partition on PC.

is this expected, is there something i can do on my ā€˜freshā€™ NG matrix builds to get the storage partition to show and be accessible on my PC?

Thanks!

No.
The storage partition standard is ext4

thanks for that info. i really loved to see the changelog. i miss it :frowning:
is there a reason why this is disabled/not working?

Thanks, has it always been like this in the older builds also? trying to understand why my old builds can be accessed in PC and remain so after upgrade to new builds, but freshly installed new builds are not accessibleā€¦

Reason is still the same: CoreELEC 19 Matrix Discussion (Kodi RC1)

1 Like

I donĀ“t know.
Can only tell You the standard format is ext4
Why do want it be accessed in the Windows PC ?
You can access it via samba and/or ssh

Plan B ā†’ You can use a Linux PC, but why ???

The are implicit risks of accessing a Linux partition SD on a Windows PC by plugging it into that PC. The most likely outcome is corrupted permissions which will impact the functionality of your CE system. Best to only access via SSH and terminal or SAMBA.

Shoog

Strangely that didnā€™t work as describedā€¦

Flipping the switch over gave me the boot menu but no option to choose which media to boot from. If I flip the switch back it then boots off the SD card fine (without removing the eMMC card) but it doesnā€™t import any of my settings so Iā€™d have to spend some time to try and configure things again.

It works.
Maybe You have to perform a petitboot update.
Best choice would be to remove the eMMC, because You have only little knowlege