CoreELEC 19 Matrix Discussion (Kodi RC)

It makes no sense to turn on that feature, use the Adjust Display Refresh Rate function.

I think that feature was never damaged it is disabled in code so users don’t turn it on by mistake.

My experience with N2 and N2 +.
Netflix works fine, passthrough works.
Passthrough: Works with Ac3 and DTS, not TrueHD and DTS-MA. LPCM is still very good.
HDR-SDR better
There are bones that are barely noticeable when wandering through the fanart.
Updated Oled version works fine.

I haven’t tried it with the HC4 and C4 yet, but I want to try it as soon as possible.
Note:
I am thinking of installing HC4 on SSD. SSD currently has CoreElec and several Ubuntu versions. How do I update to the Matrix version without deleting everything (without DD), I need your help thank you in advance for that.

Just installed it on my second ‘production’- device. Beta2 now running on Odroid C4 and N2.
Was able to replace python2 addons or find another way of achieving the same.
PVR integrated reminders are a pleasant bonus :slight_smile:

Will see and report what I encounter CE wise!

Cheers,

A

Just a question about the coreelec logo on the home screen. In CE 9.2.x the logo blended in nicely with the UI. In CE19 it looks like a slapped on sticker IMHO. Is this just for now or is this a good representation of what the logo will look like?

Then please make a hidden switch to turn it back on.
People who accept the “problems” can still use it. :slight_smile:
While i must say that i never experienced any unacceptable problems with SP2D on previous versions.
I need it to prevent the “puttosleep” effect of tv series when sound is pitched down during 24p mastering when the original sound was made in 25fps.
For example watching german “Lost” bluray @ 24p makes no fun.

Hi,
New issue on Odroid N2 - I have a 4T USB drive attached. It mounts and behaves as expected but in the Kodi Media manager it claims the path to the drive is invalid! File Manager sees the drive and allows normal access. The Player will plays any mkv file on the drive through the library. I can’t change content or on the drive though. I can scan etc for deletions and add files with no issues at all. Curious I think.

Device: TaNiX TX5 Deluxe Edition SoC S905X3, 64Gb eMMC, 4Gb Ram, 10/100/1000 LAN, WiFi.
OS: CoreELEC Matrix nightly 20201220 Generic running from SanDisk 64GB Ultra Fit USB 3.1 Flash Drive.

Addons used for testing:

Netflix (CastagnaIT)
Amazon VOD (Sandmann)
YouTube with dev keys (Bromix)
PlutoTV (Lunatixz)
Radio (Tristan Fisher)
OpenVPN pre-release (Zomboided)

Default remote, LAN, WiFi, Bluetooth, Video and Audio work out of the box.

Widevine: Yes
CEC: Yes
4K Video: Yes
7.1 Surround Sound: Yes

OpenVFD has to be setup for LCD

One issue noted: after wake-up from suspend, the LCD remains blank (vfd).

3 Likes

I tested here localy with a TX3 mini with a small vfd (only clock) and it’s working normally.
I sent the device to suspend at 9:01. Resumed it on 9:03 and vfd updated to 9:04 and continue working.
Maybe you can provide a dmesg | paste if it happens again?

Loving the CoreELEC 19 nightly builds, working great. However could we please get the change log like we had with the CoreELEC 18 nightlies. Thanks.

Beelink GT King Pro has some remote control issues.Keys sometimes try to do different things.Sometimes you do one channel up or down, the remote will switch 4 - 5 channels.

@Betatester we missed to port the OpenVFD addon to Kodi Matrix.
Please download the addon ZIP here and install the addon:

If no errors are found @TheCoolest will merge the changes.

There is no changelog existing right now. Because of the force pushes the changelog will include 3000 or more commits

1 Like

Ok, thanks for explaining.

@Betatester

Let us know if Temp works.
Mine shows 0 c and stays on permanent.
Ignores intervals and Display for settings.

This maybe because your remote is issuing CEC commands, try disabling CEC.

Shoog

this is a Python 3 issue:
ERROR <general>: OpenVFD -> int expected instead of float

(Odroid-N2+ 1with the last update-223 version)
It shows both CPU and GPU Temperature correctly. sometimes 37C sometimes 40C

I fixed the CPU issue. please download the zip and install the addon again:

crazyturk, which remote control you are using and did you setup anything? So I can repeat the steps.

1 Like