CoreELEC 21.0-Omega Amlogic-ng Discussion

And what exactly happen when nightly become stable? Some extra magic? :melting_face:

No, kind of a silly remark. I only ever use stables on prod machines. Apologies if that annoys you :slight_smile:

I have actually been wondering what the normal cadence is for getting to a stable for CoreElec. Iā€™m new to it so I have no idea what kind of timeframe to expect a new stable release in. Iā€™m using the nightlies, but they have on occasion introduced some minor issues, at least temporarily so itā€™d be nice to have a stable I could always be reasonably sure would work that has all of major updates in it. (A month or two ago I had some people over to watch Dune Part II, and it was during a time that I had had some minor audio sync issues in one of then recent nightlies, so I rolled back to a previous nightly version I knew didnā€™t seem to have the issues, just to be sure everything would play right while people were over.)

Kodi stable builds. Thatā€™s the ā€œcadenceā€. If you and anyone else like to use stable thatā€™s fine, you just have to wait for a Kodi stable launch to have your device/feature included.

Youā€™re free to do whatever you want, that annoys nobody. So you just need to know what I said to the other user. We align ourselves with Kodi launches. So thatā€™s when you get a stable build.

Got it. Thanks! That explains it. I didnā€™t realize it was synchronized with Kodi to that degree, as I said Iā€™m new to this whole world having gotten in with the AMB6+ for full DV compatibility.

Iā€™m a aware.
Was just expressing a bit of impatience, thatā€™s all.
Didnā€™t see the need for the remark about magic.

I installed the latest CE Nightly build on Ugoos. My question is, if I want to always get Nightly automatically, do I have to set this link in the settings: link

No need for that, just set to update Automatically, and update notification to ON. When a new nightly is available, it will inform you and it will download it automatically. When download is finished, it will ask you to reboot to apply new versionā€¦

1 Like

Great, thanks for the quick and informative reply!

I noticed an oddity! The Ugoos is connected via HDMI to my LG OLED CX TV, and the TVā€™s optical output is connected to an Edifier S351DB 2.1 sound system. In Kodi, if I set the output device: alsa:AML-AUGASOUND,HDMI and the number of channels to 2.1, there is no sound during movies, but if I set it to 2.0, it works perfectly. What is the reason for this, is there any point in bothering with this problem if it works perfectly fine on 2.0?

Read the footnotes at the bottom of the settings page, where all options are explained

Iā€™ve read it but it doesnā€™t explain why there will be no sound on a 2.1 sound system if I use a 2.1 setting.

Hello, I have a problems with latest nightlies. From version CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-21.1-Omega_nightly_20240718.tar on my generic Amlogic gxl_p212_2g the Kodi fail to run. In the log there is

2024-07-23 13:07:44.473 T:15658   error <general>: failed to create window surface (EGL_BAD_ALLOC)
2024-07-23 13:07:44.473 T:15658 critical <general>: CApplication::Create: Unable to create window

Full log at https://pastebin.com/UKCvh0U4
It also fails at latest nightly 20240723.
Previous nighlty 20240714 is working correctly.

When sharing NFS, what options do you use in the export file on the server?

DV movies are sometimes choppy.

• log
  • Ugoos AM6B Plus
  • CE 21 latest Nightly
  • Cache 64/adaptive
  • LAN (gigabit)
  • RPI4 NFS share exports:

/mnt/PiDrive1/Movies 192.168.1.195(ro,no_subtree_check,all_squash,insecure)
/mnt/PiDrive1/ā€œTV Showsā€ 192.168.1.195(ro,no_subtree_check,all_squash,insecure)

deleted/unwanted

Thanks for the reply, but I was not interested in the mount command, I was interested in the content of the exports file.

More info you can find on Kodi Wiki

Something doesnā€™t make senseā€¦

If you are using your TV for audio optic out.
Settings in Kodi should not affect anything???

Audio settings in your TV should determine multi channel passthrough.
Or make sure you have disabled/ turned off internal speakers on TV

How do I get CE to stop deleting watched videos from the USB 3.0-connected media storage? (Iā€™m using CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-21.1-Omega_nightly_20240724-Generic.img)