CoreELEC 21.0-Omega Amlogic-ng Discussion

or should I install stable and put it on auto-update (I’m not using any HDR).

CE doesn’t delete any file on it’s own. You need to explain better what the issue is.

I powered-down my Ugoos, unplugged the 4TB USB OTG-connected SSD, plugged the SSD into my computer and discovered that the videos I watched were no longer on the SSD.

Apologies if this has already been discussed.
Using Ugoos AM6B+ connected to Denon 4800H connected to LG G4.
Dolby vision works great, most of the time. Sometimes, when I start it, I get some grainy artifacts (white dots) on the screen. It usually goes away if I just stop the playback and start it again.
But what is even more annoying is that after I play dolby vision content, when I go back to Home Screen or any non-dolby vision content, the colors become blue-green-purple distortion. Unclear to me what is causing this. But when going back to dolby vision content, the colors work great.
Anyone else have this?

Connect directly to TV with qualified HDMI cable and use ARC and passthrough.

I use a “Ugoos AM6b+” with the current nightly 20240726. Basically, I have no problems playing videos.

However, I have noticed that videos with Dolby Vision have a very strong grain, especially in dark scenes.

With Dolby Vision deactivated, the picture is slightly darker but the grain is also absent.

It may be that these videos have a FEL layer that is being processed.

As an example, one of them has:

HDR format: Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, Profile 7.6, dvhe.07.06, BL+EL+RPU, no metadata compression, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, Version HDR10, HDR10 compatible

Yes, this has an FEL layer. So the FEL layer contains the original film grain. When the Ugoos AM6b+ processes the Dolby Vision FEL layer it correctly adds back the film grain. What’s your seeing is the video being displayed correctly for the first time.

I have a quick question. SSH key authentication why is not working?

ssh-copy-id -i ~/.ssh/mykey root@192.168.0.180

Permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive).

When logging into the device with a password, sshd_config file unwriteable

I think you have to put your key in file /storage/.ssh/authorized_keys.

I know, but this requires “PubkeyAuthentication yes” in the sshd_config file, otherwise it won’t work.

You don’t edit a file but select in CE settings under Services/SSH.

I am aware of that, but as long as “PubkeyAuthentication yes” is hashtagged in the sshd_config file by default, it won’t work…
and this would require editing the file, which is not allowed even with root.

Sorry then I don’t understand what you want to achive.

I want to be able to edit the sshd_config file, because by default key-identity is not possible because of the hashtag:

ugoos:/etc/ssh # cat sshd_config | grep PubkeyAuthentication
#PubkeyAuthentication yes

Why you need to edit this file? To get public keys working or something else?

Because the key logon to the device will not work:

[alucard@desktop ~]$ ssh root@192.168.0.180
root@192.168.0.180: Permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive).

If I remember correctly there is one file under /storage to manipulate sshd. Can’t find which one.

You mean the authorized_keys file? It contains the pub key.