CoreELEC 21.0-Omega Amlogic-ng Discussion

SSH_ARGS … I think this will be the solution. I’ll try it as soon as I get home! :slight_smile:

Then I think this would be easier:

vim3 ~ $ cat /storage/.cache/services/sshd.conf
SSH_ARGS="-o 'PasswordAuthentication no'"
SSHD_DISABLE_PW_AUTH="true"

Yes, this is a more elegant solution, but it is not permanent.
The passw auth disable is available from the Coreelec menu, and working very well, the “PubkeyAuthentication yes” is a problem, so I want to add it.

The color issue seems to be resolve with a simple replug of the HDMI cable, but I still get the grainy issue, and sometimes the video is just black, and the dolby vision icon G4 just flashes. Stopping and starting the video seems to fix it. The issue is present with both direct connection to the TV and through the TV. I hav tried with multiple HDMI cables

But somehow I can’t imagine that this extremely strong grain in dark sections is wanted.

I know that grain is used as a still element, but the grain I see is too extreme.

Unfortunately, I can’t get a good shot of it with a camera.

Old film can have quite heavy grain, especially in dark scenes which makes it even more visible. It can be exacerbated if the scan is not from an original camera negative.

CoreELEC is not adding grain. It’s coming from the FEL layer. Whether you like grain depends on your own personal preference. CoreELEC cannot remove the grain from the FEL layer. Try setting the Dolby Vision setting from lossless to 8.1 and it should go away because the FEL layer will be discarded.

1 Like

Hi, after lost of internet (suspending, restart of router) is missing some reconnecting of device with coreelec. I tried on x88, am6plus

This may be a stupid question. I’m running a nightly from a few days ago and disabled the updates on my AM6B+.

How do I know if it’s worth it to update to a new version? When I look in the changelog from today and archive yesterday it just says „bump package to xxxxxx“, more days are not shown.

Where can I see what’s is currently being worked on?

Or is my nightly fine enough to to keep it and wait until there is a 21.1 stable?

Eliminate the chaos on my ./ssh folder, so SSH key identification now working. :slight_smile:
vpeter thanks for your help!

3D support. Honestly, nightlies only usually bring improvements.

There is an old saying

If it isn’t Broke don’t Fix It. !!!

You should always make a backup after every nightly.
If you haven’t done so anyway, now you have disabled nightly.
Everything is working fine to your needs.

Make a backup Tar File
Also save another copy in your Desktop separate from CoreELEC.

Can easily return now to working Box

Can someone please post a link to the previous nightly? I’ve read there are some audio issues with the latest ones. When I go to the nightly website archive, only the most recent one is available for download.

https://relkai.coreelec.org/?dir=Amlogic-ne/ce-21/archive

These links don’t work. It just linked to the 7/27 build which is what people are confirming has the out of sync audio issues :slight_smile:

Try the later 20240804 build.
https://relkai.coreelec.org/?dir=Amlogic-ng/ce-21

no issue here…

• LG OLED CX
  • AM6B Plus
  • latest nightly

My new AM6b+ will be arriving very soon and I was curious about AV1 software decode

What dav1d version is shipped with 21.0? Is it 1.4.0? Can I compile my own AV1 decoder and replace the original one from core elec system image?

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: CoreELEC 21.1-Omega Amlogic-ng Discussion

Continue here: CoreELEC 21.1-Omega Amlogic-ng Discussion