CoreELEC 21.1-Omega Amlogic-ng Discussion

As it looks like non was testing 21.1 nightlies the Amlogic-ng GXL release is broken and I will remove the download until it’s fixed again…

2 Likes

journactl:
https://paste.coreelec.org/TakingCompute
kodi logs:
gist:19450fbe8b2cad42247be4797f0bbe5a · GitHub (with errors when HyperionControl try to connect)

Hyperion.ng should be updated tomorrow and work again.

Great. Thanks.

Hi,

On the CoreELEC download page:

https://coreelec.org/#download

The Download/New Installation for Ugoos AM6B doesn’t let me download the stable CoreELEC 21.1-Omega installation file. After selecting the Ugoos AM6B device, the variant box is empty, and the “Download Image” button does not appear.

Is an error?

Really wanted to download the stable version for the Ugoos AM6B.

Thanks!
KnightAzul

(Posted this originally as a reply to the Ugoos AM6B specific thread, and have deleted that post now, as this question is more related to the CoreELEC download page than anything Ugoos AM6B specific)

There was an error in 21.1 -NG, therefore Images have been taken down.
Re-check in a few days…

Ok, will do.

The same happened (a few days ago) with 21.0 too for Ugoos AM6B. When other devices showed the download button.

KnightAzul

Confirmed, sth is not properly working with DL-Helper… Thanks for reporting!

Edit- I see now it sounds like a known issue. Thanks for moving my post to the right forum.
Hi, I was hoping to get some help booting new CoreElec 21.1 on my LePotato. I have an SD card with CE 20.0 and that boots fine, however when I try to use Rufus to wipe a new SD card with CoreElec 21.1 stable or the latest nightly, and it completes. On first boot, it resizes the sd partition, then reboots and freezes on the logo/splash page. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong, since it’s been a few years. I have tried to install CE 21.1 to 2 different SD cards to rule out my micro SD cards as bad.

I confirm - after the update everything works.

1 Like

How can I update an existing 21.1 nightly to 21.1 stable?

I’ve had the “update to next stable” setting on for months but it won’t put me on stable. Just keeps auto updating the nightly version.

Is there a way I can update to Stable without starting fresh?

https://wiki.coreelec.org/coreelec:updates

EDIT: Updated via SSH successfully to 21.1 Omega Stable

Ok, 21.1 is not showing in the Available Versions from the CoreELEC Configuration Addon so I will do it manually. If I upgrade from 21.1 nightly from Aug 22, is going to 21.1 manually considered a downgrade?

Having the same problem as @RowanCE. To be clear, it wasn’t just the GUI that was stretched, but the 4k videos as well.

After some digging around, what worked for me (without a reinstall) was to remove my video calibration settings as shown in this thread. I assume I had fiddled with video calibration some time ago and forgot about it.

Afterwards I set the GUI to 4k and it works, as well as the movies. I checked with a test pattern video (example) and it looks good.

However, I believe that the GUI is still in 1080p, only scaled up to 4k. The GUI fonts and the video / artist posters look blocky. That is a pity, the true 4k interface was a real gem. If there is any chance to bring it back, please do so!

Thanks for CoreELEC, as always.

1 Like

After update I dont see a configuration menu for activating of dolby vision on CE 21.1 ng , which was in CE 21.0 ng on certified device am6plus. By downgrading to 21.0 is menu for dolby visual back.

A post was merged into an existing topic: CoreELEC 21.1-Omega Amlogic-ne Discussion

Does 21.1 stable contain all the dolby vision fixes from the past few months of nightlies ?

I am using the Minix U22X-J (Max).

I have been updating to the latest nightly almost every day the past few months but I would like to now just use the stable if it contains all the relevant fixes.

The stable version contains the changes from the nightlies so far. Consider it being a kind of “checkpoint”.