CoreELEC 22.0-Piers_beta1 Discussion

  • Provide Device Information

    • Set Top Box / SBC

      • Ugoos AM9 Pro

      • Amlogic S905X5-J

  • Provide Peripheral Information

    • Ugoos → Denon x1800h receiver → TV
  • Boot method

    • (μ)SD Card

On a fresh install of 22 piers beta 1 with default skin. Using PM4K to stream from plex server. Experiencing audio desync only when using TrueHD audio format. Audio appears to play about 500ms earlier than video, and is not resolved by seeking ahead or back, or restarting the video. Happens across multiple files and I can only reproduce this on TrueHD. DTS-HD.MA, FLAC, AAC, and other formats not impacted.

My am9 with all default settings had audio desync in most/all videos until increasing cache, queue, and applying queue to all videos including local. After making this change all formats appeared to be fixed and working 100% except the above behavior of TrueHD.

I’ve installed Audio Offset Manager plugin and have it auto-apply 100ms of delay to audio when TrueHD codec is used and for now it seems solid and I’ve tried it on a half dozen videos so far. I think the audio is a touch off of 100ms early, but it’s good enough for now.

Also updated my AM9 Pro’s firmware but no change in the delay I’m getting.

I dropped the CoreELEC-Amlogic-no.aarch64-22.0-Piers_beta1-Odroid_N2.img.gz image into my spare OdriodN2+ update folder and it upgraded and seems to be working fine even with a seemingly not officially supported skin.

My main box is a Ugoos AM6B+ , I assume I do the same thing with CoreELEC-Amlogic-no.aarch64-22.0-Piers_beta1-Generic.img.gz ? when its time to upgrade? Or is it strongly recommended to do a clean install?

It seems DV will continue to be natively supported on this build with the Ugoos AM6B+?

Hi! Since a couple of weeks I’m using Coreelec and it’s amazing in terms of speed and performance. It’s so much faster than running kodi on atv. So, great! And thanks for that.

In the kitchen I’m using a Nokia 8010 box on a fullhd TV. So, no fancy dolby vision needed there.

When I turn the box on, I’m getting an error telling me that the kernel is outdated and that because of that dolby vision will not work. But that’s no problem as the TV doesn’t even support it. My question is if I can disable this message. I’m using core elec 22, beta 1.

Second thing is that I’m getting glitches in the interface. Not when playing media. It looks at bit like gaming without vsync turned on. So not every piece of the screen wil be shown at the same time. I included a video wich shows what I mean.

I tried every possible setting but it’s not changing anything. Even tried a different hdmi cable, but using kodi on android tv, I can not see this. So it has something to do with coreelec. Tried different resolutions and refreshrates, but without succes.

Since the Nightly20260726 build, I have been experiencing the following error with some Dolby Vision files.
The error does not occur with Nightly20260725!

During playback, only about 20% of the movie is displayed on the left side; the rest is a solid green color (see screenshot).
I have a Minix 8K-Ultra and have been using the official Nightly builds without issues for nearly a year (updating almost daily :)).

A sample where the error occurs immediately:

Screenshot:

3840x2080 [SAR 481:480 DAR 37:20]

non-standard resolution video. apply the GIGO concept and adjust expectations

(renderer expects specific resolutions and when not found glitches occur)

That’s really strange, though—a good 10-20% of all common MKV files have this resolution; are they all suddenly supposed to stop working?
Going back to Nightly 25 works just fine, though—same as always.
its a normal 1,85:1!

rejected, most mkvs remuxed from disc are not, only videos which are incorrectly cropped during re-encode are, likely you are dealing with a pirated web-rip screen recording rather than authoring your own content

what’s normal about this?

"width": 3840, "height": 2080, "sample_aspect_ratio": "481:480", "display_aspect_ratio": "37:20",

Even when not using DV but the device do support it a valid dovi.ko must be used, kernel version must match. Search version in forum.

Benefit: you can watch P5 DV as normal like SSR without greenish look.

So why just set 100ms offset for actually 500ms ahead in your previous post?
Have you tested the non-DV case?

I have am9pro as well and experienced the same, even in android Kodi 21.3. Therefore I assume it’s a bug in ugoos firmware.

Continue here: CoreELEC 22.0-Piers_beta2 Discussion

Closed!