CoreELEC 8.95.1 release

CoreELEC 8.95.1

CoreELEC 8.95.1 is now available and can be downloaded from our GitHub page here.

Features

Fixes

• fixed 444,10bit colour space/depth flicker/banding
  • fixed 422,8bit colour space/depth green screen
  • fixed LePotato segmentation fault when writing files

Updates

• reverted crazycat drivers reverted back to 2017-11-13 for better compatibility with DVB hardware

Additions

• added dynamic buffer detection for improved HEVC playback
  • added KVIM fan driver ported from Khadas
6 Likes

Just wondering where to download older releases? it seems to have removed on the github site.

Thanks for the update.

I’ve been trying to find the main issue that was found with Leia beta1 and fixed in v2 on github, but could not find it. Curiousity will get me one day :wink:

Greetings,

Thanks for the update.

Best regards…

Ki Pro get wrong color space on ASUS VK246H, but Panasonic plasma get ok. Was downgraded to 8.95.0…

@as_id

Thanks for the update! Is automatic resolution/colourspace switching working in this build between 1080p and 4K 10bit and vice versa?

1 Like

No, it doesn’t yet.

1 Like

With SDR 1080p content on an old plasma, blacks seem grey.

Anyone else seeing greyish blacks on 1080p SDR? Running an old plasma. Previous release was fine.

Excellent release once again.

Are there any plans to update docker to a newer version? Is it possible for us to do it ourselves? I have PiHole running on my box and the new version 4.0 image does not seem to be working on Docker 17.10

Hi guys, Hyperion addon is missing from CoreElec Repository on this version. Where I can get it from ?
Thanks for the great update and for hard work.

Thanks for the update! Just quickly flashed and tried it on H96 Pro+ but I experience freeze when seeking in HEVC MKV video. Skipped a few versions because I wasn’t near to my device for 2 months so not sure if this is new.

Can anybody explain what this means? What should now be better than before?

1 Like

Hevc playback. Less buffering.

1 Like

Technically, I do not know what changes the algorithm. The amount of data buffered has increased? The used data are more quickly deleted, to give place to the news?

According to my observations, buffering is more sophisticated. It adapts better to the linear flow of videos, as if it anticipated peaks better. This has the following effect:
I have the ability to read http://jell.yfish.us/ up to 160 Mb / s, against 120 Mb / s with the previous version of CoreElec. Great !

However, I see a random instability with videos that have average speeds around 110 Mb / s and more. It translates as : Sometimes some videos pass perfectly. Other times, these same videos will jam / block, for no apparent reason. Strange.

To summarize, before, it was less efficient, (blocked at 120 Mb / s), but more stable. Today, we can go to 160 Mb / s, but instabailites above 100 Mb / s.

1 Like

Unless you can back this up with logs or other hard data, all your stories remain fairy tales.

This release too gives me the purple screen on my beautiful Bravia x900e… Do I really have to remove my colour space settings in autostart to fix this or is revert going to land?

Purple unicorn issue is confirmed. A possibile patch is already in testing.

Thanks for the update.

In the effort to get “PBS ThinkTv” working again, I would appreciate if you would update “inputstream.adaptive” to the latest version: 2.2.25 in your next release.