CoreELEC 8.95.5

Hi - I think the headline describes the problem.Re-booting via power off/on didn’t halp - same issue. On another box (905x) the update went well - but the DVBviewer plug-in didn’t function anymore. Update of the add-on wasn’t successful either.

Went back to 8.95.4.3 - everything seems to be fine again :slight_smile:

No logs - no problem.
Please post a full debug log.

Thanks for you reply!
I tried 18Beta5 on windows without any problem also I tried with balbes150 LE Beta5 build for S912 without problem too, it’s happening only on this version, the debug log that I sent you came from a fresh CE installation.

Hi Guys,

CoreELEC updated just fine on my 2 boxes.

Just a bit confused regarding the automatic colour depth and colour space switching.
My 4k HDR TV reports it is displaying HDR just fine with CoreELEC.

Can anyone please explain to me (a tech thickie) just what automatic colour depth and colour space switching is and what it does?

Many thanks

1 Like

In short: HDR requires a 10-bit signal, the default configuration is 8-bit output.
Displaying HDR in 8-bits is possible, but it will lead to more banding/posterization.
Automatic color depth switching switches the output to the appropriate color depth (8/10 bits) depending on content, so HDR content would display correctly.

As I have already tried to explain. With this version the HDR is displayed well in 10 bits on my TVs … No banding.

Ok thanks for the explanation.

Is there any way of forcing 10bit output? Would this affect “normal” 8bit Blu-ray etc. viewing?

You can add echo 422,10bit > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr to autostart.sh. But keep in mind that you will you have remove it once we get autoswitching working right.
Each TV is different, so hard to say. I use this configuration with my LG TV and it does fine, as long as I’m not using it at 4K SDR.

Again, thank you for the explanation.

​hi possible to have a coreelec img for kIi pro S905D i want install​ it in internal flash

i want a img for amlogic usb tools

thnks

You need the S905 image to install CE on your box. Install to internal is not officially supported.

Hello guys,
with 8.95.5 I am not able to switch from a channel to another, every switch the screen is black. I need to stop the channel then switch to another one and it works. I rebuilt the sd card from scratch to have a clean installation but it is the same. What can I check? With 8.95.4 was fine…

thanks for your replies!

Solved… just removed 1920x1080x50 from white list and it works :roll_eyes:

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. I’m stumped as other sources have suggested adding echo ‘444,10bit’ > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/attr to my autostart.sh file.

What’s the difference between 444,10bit & 422,10bit?

Thanks

444 with 10-bits will put you over HDMI 2.0 bandwidth limit at 50 and 60Hz, and you may end up “No signal”.
422 @ 10-bit is what HDR is specced at.
We recommended 444,10bit before because 422 was broken in earlier kernel versions. Now it works fine, and that is the correct setting to use.

Once again, thank you for your informative explanation.

As several people have reported, remote controls don’t work in this version. Does anybody have a hint how to make it work again?

regards

Since the update to 8.95.5 the EPG for IPTV is peppered with bright green dots. I assume that this change to the EPG was introduced with the implementation of the IPTV replay function. Presumably the green dots are supposed to indicate that a recording is available. In my case this is unnecessary, as my IPTV provider (Zattoo) makes recordings available for all programs. Would it be possible to get rid of the green dots or to introduce an option to make the green dots a user choice ?

Auto colour space switching was the only I reason am using a km8 pro 912 box for mixed 1080p and 4k HDR usage, hope it’s fixed soon

Remote is working fine which is good, only other issue was CEC taking over exclusive use of my ARC and AVR 5.1 system. I disabled CEC in coreELEC which seems to have allowed other devices to use it but still getting some strange behaviour, as only works for other devices when the km8 pro is on.