CoreELEC 8.95.6

@CI6N0Z…wow! Fantastic. Works perfectly and shows me autoswitching is functioning.

One question…why is colour range limited? Is this normal?

@Spinecho, If you read about how TVs and PCs handle video signals, you’ll find that they handle it differently. TVs have a smaller colour space which means that they have a smaller range (“limited”), 16-235 as an example for 8-bit signal vs 0-255 (“full”) - the range PCs use. This is nothing to worry about as the loss from “full” to limited" in range is minor compared to the difference between example 8-bit and 10-bit. The important factors regarding best possible quality are resolution, colour depth (range), which is 10-bit for HDR10, and the colourspace, YUY444 or YUY442.

1 Like

Thank you for another informative post.

Tried this version on my wetek hub.
But the remote stopt working so i went back libreelec is it possible to fix this

I’m also using the Wetek Hub and the remote is working flawless.
Did you copy the right device tree?

I used wetek hub dtb from the folder isnt this the right one?

It is the right one.
Did you copy it to the root of your sd card and renamed it to dtb.img?
What exactly isn’t working?

I’m having sound issues with this build. Sound interrupts for fraction of a second when watching videos. It’s totally random. Sometimes there’s only one or two interruptions and sometimes plenty of them.
There are also some cache issues that didn’t happen before. Changes in cache in advancedsettings did help but that didn’t resolve the sound interruptions.
Can’t say if it was present in previous builds because this one is first that I’m using so extensively.
I’m sure it’s not settings thing. Everything is set to default. Looks like a bug to me.

You didn’t post any details of your setup, which device you are using, how your media files are connected to your device, a debug log or anything else.
If it was a general bug, many other users would have the same problem, which isn’t the case.

I will try it again after x-mas… glad to hear its working for you.

Tanix TX5 PRO S905X chip. Playing videos via SMB. Kodi setup is default. Just changed subtitles size.
By the way… First subtitle makes a micro stutter. First italic subtitle also makes a micro stutter. It hasn’t been fixed since Krypton even though I’ve send couple of logs back in when Krypton was out for S905X. Many people reported the same problem and log guys said they don’t see anything. So much for the logs…
I just report that the micro audio interruptions are not present in Krypton.
I noticed that disabling audio downmixing in audio settings solves the problem. It’s enabled by default on my system. In my case it plays only on TV speakers. I don’t use passthrough.

I also meet the subtitle micro stutter issue, no matter what I settings, also tried disabling audio downmixing in audio settings , it happened on all coreelec builds.

Micro subtitle stutter and micro audio interruptions are two separate problems.
Generally RC2 is very stable and snappy but needs to be better optimized regarding:

1. Buffering files that are bigger and play via SMB on not so fast routers.
  2. Audio downmixing definitely causing small interruptions. I checked that few times and they occur only when downmixing is enabled.

Hello, this is the best version made to date. Thank you for the job. But there are always these micro cuts with subtitles. In addition, on HDR source, when moving forward, the image becomes black for a short time. It handicaps the reading of the time slider.

Which device are you using? S905 or S912?
The HDR issue is a known problem, and it’s resolved for 4K content in the nightlies. It’ll be in the next release as well.

1 Like

S912
Thanks !

Regarding the subtitle issue:

2 Likes

First of all thanks for this great OS.
I updated from 8.95.3 version with tar update file 8.95.6 on my MINIX U9-H and now I have Audio distortions lots of noise thru HDMI like static noise that increases with movie sounds both in stereo or AC3 DTS. Please help is there thing we have to do to solve this problem the dtb file is the same in previous version. Downgraded to version 8.95.3 and all is OK again
Thanks in advance.

You have made 3 posts about your issue now, you do not need to keep repeating your issue.

You are right Friend please forgive me but I was so eager to see if anyone could have the same problem with this MINIX U9-H model and maybe a solution but I already downgraded to 8.95.3 that is working very well and will wait because certainly in future this issue will be solved.
Forgive me for repeating the posts and thanks for CoreELEC it is great plays all my movies flawlessly even 4K.
Have a awesome 2019
ScorpionMystery