Coreelec does not boot in X96 mini

Hi,

got a x96 mini 2gb/16gb @ Android 7.1 too. Coreelec (current + nightly) failed with all 212* and 281*.dtb files available in both versions (current + nightly). Stucks right in the x96 mini screen. Inserting an empty SD-Card instead of this filled one and I land in the android rescue menu.
Other boxes here work flawless but this is my first s905w soc. AIDA64 shows that it is not a fake Rockchip or similar.

Seems the device is rooted as I was able to extract /dev/dtb.img and backup it. But as it is 256k sized I assume it is not something I could directly use. Nonetheless I tried and still miserably failed :smiley:

So what now: how to make it boot or debug boot? And no, I do not have intentions to open the device up (could still send it back - with shipping costs) and also am not owning any UART-connector-stuff.

Thanks for your help and/or suggestions.

bye
Ron

Today with CoreELEC 9.2.2 after what I have read everything in this fiber I have to use gxl_p281_1g even if I have 2GB version of this X96 but it doesn’t work with gxl_p281_2g sadly :frowning:

Maybe you have a box with fake ram…
It wouldn’t be the first time…

Same thing with my x96 mini v2.3. ONLY boot with nightly version and with gxl_p281_1g but my remote won’t work. :frowning: any One with the same problem? Any solution ?

Already try it… any solution?

First You can search the repo - maybe there is a remote file You can use
Second You can create Your own -> How to configure IR remote control

Already tried too … when i press buttons on remote , nothing happens. Already tested the remote in another box and work.

Connecting to 192.168.2.25 port 22, please wait…
login as:
root@192.168.2.25’s password:
##############################################

CoreELEC

https://coreelec.org

##############################################

CoreELEC (official): funhouse_2011.6 (Amlogic-ng.arm)
CoreELEC : ~ # systemctl stop kodi
CoreELEC : ~ # systemctl stop eventlircd
CoreELEC : ~ # ir-keytable -p NEC,RC-5,RC-6,JVC,SONY -t
Protocols changed to rc-5 jvc sony nec rc-6
Testing events. Please, press CTRL-C to abort.

^C
CoreELEC : ~ # ir-keytable -a /storage/.config/rc_maps.cfg -s rc0
Old keytable cleared
Wrote 31 keycode(s) to driver
Protocols changed to nec
CoreELEC : ~ # systemctl start eventlircd
CoreELEC : ~ # systemctl start kodi
CoreELEC : ~ #
Connection to 192.168.2.25 has been terminated!

Exactly which remote file did you try?

And is it the same remote file you used in the other device? Please name the other device

Tanix tx3 mini. it’s strange I can’t wake up . It’s normal?

Unplug it, & plug back in.

I know … but for daily use , I don’t won’t to unplug and plug Everytime i need to use it .

Then I can’t help you. I was trying to help you get the remote working.

Even if you get the remote working, the power on button of the remote will still need to be sorted out.
Using BL injection, you need to search the forum for help with that.

So, after putting the remote files into the correct location, you need too reboot, ( in your case unplug)

Thanks for the help :+1:

@princedoudou i had to use libreelec install tool to make it bootable. Then in android terminal shell type ‘reboot’. First take an image from the install tool, later you can install whatever img you like.

Hello mmich , i have exactly the same box with tou with the same specs, as i saw ib the photo’s and the same problem, i cant make it boot it stucks in x96 screen, please give me info and links in pm if you can i need your help

Can someone help me boot coreelec, i have the real onr with 2 gigs of ram, exactly the same Specs with mimmich, but it stucks on x96 logo, any one pls help

S905 or S905W

What is the chip in your Box ???

Chinese Brand X96 Mini means nothing.

I think its s905w my friend aida64 gives exactly the same specs as mmich shown at his images

Try the nightly image fresh install
https://relkai.coreelec.org/CoreELEC-Amlogic.arm-9.2-nightly_20200604-Generic.img.gz

After you burn the image to sd card.

Make sure you copy gxl_p281_2g from the device tree folder on the sd card
to the Root of the sd card.

Rename it to dtb.img